Thread: Texas National Lake Belton Apr 10---

P Monk

Texas National Lake Belton Apr 10---

Anyone going?
    Would be interesting to put faces to people on the website.
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant.

Paul and I will be there! It's such a fun group.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Voni,

Jackie and I will be there Friday afternoon. Have to leave Saturday 'cause we're doing Easter at our house.
    When are y'all expected to arrive?
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Late afternoon. Looking forward to the world famous ham and beans!

Voni
    sMiling

April 10th-12th ÔÇô 16th Texas National Rally ÔÇô Lake Belton, TX, Cedar Ridge Park, Turkey Roost Group Camping Area, GPS Coordinates: N31.10,08 W97.27,09. Cost: $10 per tent. Hosted by: BMW Club of Houston, Ltd. Texas wildflowers should be at their best in mid-April. Friday evening we will have Dorothy GoodallÔÇÖs ÔÇ£World FamousÔÇØ Beans and Ham (while it lasts) ÔÇô compliments of the BMW Club of Houston. Plenty of shaded camping, we will have the entire Turkey Roost Area to ourselves. Nice, clean showers, covered pavilion, several RV spots with electricity and water. This is a ÔÇ£no frills rallyÔÇØ ÔÇô no registration, no t-shirts. Contact ÔÇô Mike Murphy, bmwmike@sbcglobal.net, 281-413-7042.

P Monk

Paul and Voni

I think we will have a Paul convention. This is my first time to this rally but I have been to the one in the fall.

I will be riding with my friend Keith but he is on a new old looking Guzzi.

I have been reading Paul's articles for years and really enjoyed your posts on your (Voni) trips.

Paul Monk on a 74 90/6 (black of course)
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant.

Texas National Rally

My wife, Colette, and I will be there. Its always a great weekend with good friends.

Paul and Voni, glad to see you returning. Any chance you will be dragging Ara and Spirit along?
    Carl

Hey Carl, I may try to ride up Sat. morning and have a cup of coffee with yall. If not, see you next Thurs. for the Alabama trip. Dion

Paul M.
    I'll probably stop by Friday and maybe Saturday afternoon/evening. I've got to see Keith's Mot-Go-Kaputzi as my Bayrische friends used to call them.

Try to get Di to come along, too.

Dave
    Bullfrog

2007 R1200GS-adv Mad Max
    1976 R75/6 Black Beauty (Actually, it's my wifes' first bike)

We got there at noon today... only a few diehards were still there due to the incoming weather I guess Just back a few minutes ago as it started to drizzle
    We passed a lot of folks headed the opposite way. Went up thru Marble Falls,Smithwick,Oatmeal,Bertram,Florence,Stillhous e Canyon Lake(FM 2484 was a nice surprise!), then thru Belton to the campgrounds...A nice ride anyways on the first day of the mileage contest
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by cdc View Post
    My wife, Colette, and I will be there. Its always a great weekend with good friends.

Paul and Voni, glad to see you returning. Any chance you will be dragging Ara and Spirit along?
    Was that y'all on the bumblebee Sidehack/ GS? We looked at your bike and saw you drive away as we were leaving. If it was..very nice rig!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Weather threats kept us away.

So we went to the first annual Terlingua Film and Music Festival.

Great time, but there were NO beemers there.

Voni
    sMiling

The venue was quite pretty. Too bad the weather threatened and kept the numbers down. Could the Easter weekend have something to do with the low turnout?

My wife and I stopped by and visited a bit, had some cake and Diane was able to show how her PIAAs are mounted on the F650 to a young lady who just purchased an F650; so I guess it was a wothwhile trip.

Good to see all the Beemers and that craxy MotoGuzzi (Keith)

Hope to see some af the folks this fall.
    Dave
    Bullfrog

2007 R1200GS-adv Mad Max
    1976 R75/6 Black Beauty (Actually, it's my wifes' first bike)

P Monk

Thanks to the Houston Club

Rode 291 miles on Friday, and 400 miles home on indirect route home Saturday.
    The park was beautiful and had a great time. I really didn't want to miss church Sunday (Resurrection Sunday) and the weather made up my mind to head home
    early.

Found by accident a really neat county road from FM 2657 south of Copperas Cove. Rode county road 220 to Maxdale. Then rode RR 2670 to 195.
    Paved all the way through the country. It was fun.

Thanks to the Houston Club for a very nice get together. And the beans were good.
    P. Monk

Texas National Rally

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Was that y'all on the bumblebee Sidehack/ GS? We looked at your bike and saw you drive away as we were leaving. If it was..very nice rig!
    Steve, yes, that was us. Unfortunetly the weather chased us away also. Thanks for the compliment, we enjoy the GSA/Velorex rig.
    Carl

Robert E

Texas National Rallye

I would have really liked to have come but I'm not going on Easter weekend. Easter is the most important feast in the Catholic Church and we have services on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday.

Was there a reason why it was held on Easter weekend? Maybe next year it could be held on either the weekend before or after Easter.