Thread: No K1300LT?

No K1300LT?

BMW has come out with the "new" K1200 engine a few years ago. It changed all the K bikes but the LT. Now it has a new K bike moter, the 1300 engine, but no new K1300LT.

Where did they get the "old" brick motors for the K1200LT's they make? Do they have a secret warehouse of old brick motors?

Would an K1300LT be a good thing, or leave it alone? Or have I missed something here?

Rally Rat
    I've heard rumors of a 6 cylinder LT in the works, could just be wishfull thinking, but to compete with the 1800cc Goldwing or 2200cc Triumph it might be true.

pturner820
    Quote Originally Posted by GDWallace View Post
    BMW has come out with the "new" K1200 engine a few years ago. It changed all the K bikes but the LT. Now it has a new K bike moter, the 1300 engine, but no new K1300LT.

Where did they get the "old" brick motors for the K1200LT's they make? Do they have a secret warehouse of old brick motors?

Would an K1300LT be a good thing, or leave it alone? Or have I missed something here?

I took a tour of the BMW factory in Berlin-Spandau back in 2006.
    They still had an assembly line just for the LT and its brick.

My guess is an all new LT, with it's design specific engine, was already in the development stage and will be introduced very soon. It would have been impractical to put the newer K1200/1300 drivetrain with its transverse engine in the existing chassis.