Thread: Cee Bailey "Monster" shield? Anyone??

nevada72

Cee Bailey "Monster" shield? Anyone??

I'm a wuss. Let that be known. I like my rides quiet and not so windy. I envy all those Electra Glide riders I see riding along wearing a forward facing baseball cap - not that I would ever do that! My R1100R came (used) with a 22 inch Cee Bailey windshield which worked well but it was too short for me. However, I'm '6-5" and my helmet was right in the "jet wash". I raised the screen by cobbler type means and it worked fairly well. Basically quiet and minimal turbulence. Looked like crap tho, so I ordered a taller screen to simply bolt on. For whatever reason I ordered a Clearview instead of the Cee Bailey. Nice looking I guess, but the turbulence is nightmarish - to a wuss anyway. I lived with it.....for 3 rides, but a recent Harley Rental had me wishing for a quieter ride again. Yep - the Harley (a 2009 Road King) was very quiet. Smooth. Almost BMW-like. Big improvements at HD for 2009. I digress. The RK windshield had a smoother profile screen like my old Cee Bailey screen. I'm reasoning that profile helps keep things quieter than the heavily sculpted Clearview.

The question - Does anyone have experience with the Cee Bailey "Monster" screen? it's 7 inches taller and 6 inches wider than stock. Sounds bad, but my current screen is plus 4 and 4 I think, and I could live with the extra size appearence wise.

Any other suggestions? I considered the Aeroflow, but their biggest screen is intended for riders up to '6-3". At the rate I'm going through windshields, I could have just bought a RT with the money spent.

Calsci Windshields

Try the calsci windshield. They have an extra large shield for your bike. I just bought their windshield for my RT. the link below is for your bike.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200Rprod.html

the site says that they will give you a $60 credit if you send in a competitor's shield. I don't know if you would want to part with another windshield for that amount.

Take a look through their site. It is very informative.

Regards and best of luck.
    Deepak Menon
    2006 Red R1200RT

nevada72
    Thanks for the reply Depak. Unfortunately, it appears as though they do not carry a shield for my model. Looks like good stuff.

1aretea
    Give F 1 windsheilds a call, I'm testing one now for Marcel. It's in the proto type stage and soon will be availible. I ride an R1150RT-04, the windsheild is a little taller and wider. Very quite and air turbulence is reduced to a gentil brezze.

bob1100rtc
    I ride with a ball cap all the time on my R12RT. No problem. I have a medium calsci.

nevada72
    I ordered the "monster" yesterday. It's only 1.5 inches taller than what I have but 3 inches wider. Fingers crossed. I'll do a follow up review.

The Clearview is in the flea market. It's a nice shield but just too dang small for my tall frame.