Thread: GSing Montana

GSing Montana

Just completed a 3,000 mile tour to and through Montana. Glacier, Beartooth Highway, Seely Lake, Highway 2, logging and minning roads to high country lakes and 8,000 + foot summits.

Some of the best roads in America! World-class scenery, lots of space and few cars. I highly reccomend Montana to anyone -- especially GSers!

Rooms were cheap (by California standards) and everyone was 'BMW' friendly. (I think the badge makes a positive statement with the general public.)

Last edited by GS Drifter; 08-15-2004 at 06:03 AM.

Re: GSing Montana

Originally posted by GS Drifter
    Just completed a 3,000 tour to and through Montana. Glacier, Beartooth Highway, Seely Lake, Highway 2, logging and minning roads to high country lakes and 8,000 + foot summits.

Some of the best roads in America! World-class scenery, lots of space and few cars. I highly reccomend Montana to anyone -- especially GSers!

Rooms were cheap (by California standards) and everyone was 'BMW' friendly. (I think the badge makes a positive statement with the general public.)
    Sounds great!
    Any pics?

Pics

Yeah, took lots of Pics, but not set-up to post e-mail etc. Sort of image disabled these days

I might add that the Beartooth Highway (212) from Redlodge is a must ride. It takes you to Cooke City and Silvergate where there are ample old minning road which take you to several high country lakes.

GSing at its finest!