Thread: slip-on rain boots

Hybrid View

Smile slip-on rain boots

Just throwing out a general question to the general populus! Who makes the best rain boots that will slip on easily and pack down fairly small. I ordered one pair and sent them back right away as they were stiff and tough to put on. Can't imagine how they would've been to put on once your boots were a little wet. I wear gore-tex lined motorcycle boots but as anybody knows who has ridden in the rain for long periods of time, they aren't the total answer. Thanks for the help.

Rtbluestreak

milwmike
    High top Totes(cheap and fold right up) Hint--slip a small plastic shopping bag over your riding boots before putting on any overboots. They will slip right on!

Manfred
    I've been using these for a couple years. They pack compactly, have solid bottom, easy to put on, keep my boots and lower legs dry. They zip all the way down to the sole, making it very easy to pull them on. On sale for $21.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Manfred; 04-03-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added sale price

My Sidi boots have 7000k so far and some was actually underwater riding in a torrential downpour(that consumed my cellphone in my jacket pocket) with no wet feet. The zipper and flap has shown me to date that I don't need the overboots.

Rally Rat
    If you use a boot cover, make sure the heel, or other portion of the bottom is ope, both for traction and to release water once it gets in. I rode through a downpour with my "covers" on, and they filled up with water! I would have been dryer had I not bothered to put them on. In fact, the water weight in them made it dangerous. When we found a safe place to stop they went in the trash.

Manfred
    Quote Originally Posted by john1691 View Post
    If you use a boot cover, make sure the heel, or other portion of the bottom is ope, both for traction and to release water once it gets in. I rode through a downpour with my "covers" on, and they filled up with water! I would have been dryer had I not bothered to put them on. In fact, the water weight in them made it dangerous. When we found a safe place to stop they went in the trash.
    The Chokko boots I use and posted above have a complete sole such that no part of the riding boot is exposed to the rain. It's a hard rubber that does not slip easily.

Your caution is not applicable universally.

Quote Originally Posted by john1691 View Post
    If you use a boot cover, make sure the heel, or other portion of the bottom is open.
    The ones I bought at Louis or Hein Gericke in Germany are.

I was thinking the same thing you were. I'd sooner have a half-sole which is what I have. I've been in full day heavy rain rides with mine.

I have used Totes and an open healed over boot that I picked up from Whitehorsepress.com (IIRC). Totes packed better but I like the over boot more.

The totes pack up nicely but I kept ripping or wearing holes in them. As a result they filled up with water at the most unfortunate times.

The open healed offered good protection with the exception of a down pour in Nova Scotia I had no business riding in anyway. They werenÔÇÖt cheap as I remember but they lasted three seasons until I lost them.

Cool High tech rain boots

...Galoshes.com.