Thread: Aftermarket exhaust

Rally Rat

Aftermarket exhaust

OK, so maybe I'm looking for the impossible, but here goes. I managed to put a small dent in the chrome of my stock can, add to that the massive size of the stock unit, and I find myself looking at replacement options. The problem I am having is that I really don't want it to be louder, just a bit smaller. Anyone have an aftermarket slip on that keeps the sound level similar to stock?

Clay
    The latest rage is to change out the older oem 'Can' for a '09 1300 S 'Can'...

Installed a TwoBrothers, but it's on the loud side. a bit smaller and alot lighter though.

German thunder

I have a Remus slip on on my 06 KR with the restrictor in place. Adds a little more thunder to the exhaust note but not excessive, and drops alot of weight. Engine seems to rev a little nicer also, with maybe a very slight gain in mpg.

lcarlson

Akrapovic

Not too loud, nice sound --

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of the look of the K1300S muffler. I thought I would like it from seeing it from the side, but not at all from the back.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

laterider
    Remus Titanium Hexacone with the silencer left in. Weighs 3 pounds versus 17 for the OEM. I've got it on an 07K12GT. Aligned with the bags. 3/4" clearance and no heating issues on the bottom of the bag.

Downside, way too expensive. What was I thinking.