Thread: Trailer hitch for K75 or K11 models?

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar

Trailer hitch for K75 or K11 models?

Two years ago, I was at a state club meeting and saw (in passing) a K11-LT with a trailer hitch on it. The gentleman had actually pulled his motorcycle camping trailer in and set up for the event.

Unfortunately, I failed to get any information about it. But the more I think about it, the idea of an awning, comfy chairs, and a (fully stocked) cooler looks attractive.

I emailed Hitch-doc, and they emailed me back to say they only produce hitches for the K1200's.

Does anyone know the name of the/a manufacturer who produces a hitch for the pre-1200 series K models?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick (tapping into the brain trust) from AL

I asked where I could get a hitch for an R1150RT and was informed about the following sites.

http://www.classicind.com.au/ in Australia
    http://www.denray.qc.ca/ in Canada
    http://www.bushtec.com/ in Tennessee, US

The trailer hitch that I would like for any BMW that I have would be a Reynolds. I liked them because they were single sided which made for easier rear wheel removal. Unfortunately they have dropped out of site.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Reynolds made trailer hitches for K-bikes. I had one on my 85 KRS.. They're now out of business, but I'm sure there's some hitches still floating around in dealers or used..

It came back on the same side as the swing arm and connected to the rear sub-frame for support, but the pulling came from the connection at the right footpeg area.

The wiring was very well written out.. Even a dummy like me was able to do it..:cool:
    2005 R1200GS 1985 R80 1981 R65
    2004 Triumph Sprint ST
    2002 Kawasaki KLR 650 1993 250 Honda Helix
    BMWMOA Life Member

Reynolds K100RS hitch wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    Reynolds made trailer hitches for K-bikes. I had one on my 85 KRS.. They're now out of business, but I'm sure there's some hitches still floating around in dealers or used..

It came back on the same side as the swing arm and connected to the rear sub-frame for support, but the pulling came from the connection at the right footpeg area.

The wiring was very well written out.. Even a dummy like me was able to do it..:cool:
    Does anyone have a copy of the reynolds wiring instructions for a K100RS?

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Although Schoolhouse M/C Acc has a hitch listed for the k11 (we have that one) it is for a Uni-go and requires an adapter. You can try them at www.schoolhousemcacc.com and talk to Mark. Also, you can also give Jay at Dauntless Motors a call. www.dauntlessmotors.com They do not indicate on their site but it is worth calling him. -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Rick, I have a hitch for the older K bike, check your PM.

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

BLACKHOOF

Gettin' Hitched

Bushtec makes & sells a hitch for the K1100, I'm not sure about the K75.
    I believe that it was priced around $400 or so & came with an electronic
    isolation relay for wiring. Good luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoof View Post
    Bushtec makes & sells a hitch for the K1100, I'm not sure about the K75. I believe that it was priced around $400 or so & came with an electronic isolation relay for wiring. Good luck in your search.
    I have a K1100LT with a Reynold's hitch. When I started looking to buy one, the only outfit manufacturing them anymore, as mentioned above, IS Bushtec. I happened upon a buddy who had a Reynold's for sale, so I bought it instead. Keep an eye on the Flea Market, and check out the marketplace at www.ibmwr.org too. One pops up for sale every once in a while, if you see it BUY IT - DO NOT HESITATE IT WILL BE GONE QUICK! You can always sell it again later and get what you paid if you decide you do not want it.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)