Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which GPS?

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

How many maps do you want to load in?

I have a GPS V and the biggest complaint I have about it is that it only has 19MB for maps. So it is very easy for me to ride beyond the maps I have loaded in one day.

I do like the autorouting and the ability to customize what fields are displayed though. My solution has been to travel with a laptop for updates through the day.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ghostryder

Talking

Jim, Great looking mount and I like the price. What did you use to make it? and have you had any problems with it since you installed it? Thank you everyone for all the help.

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ghostryder
    Jim, Great looking mount and I like the price. What did you use to make it? and have you had any problems with it since you installed it? Thank you everyone for all the help.
    It was very simple. I used a heavy duty "L" bracket for shelving, cut off one side to the correct length and bent it over into a "U" shape. The holes for the screws already lined up so I didn't even have to drill. Then I found a super cheap mount on e-bay for $5 shipped and used the base plate to mount it to the "U" bracket. With a long brass bolt, to prevent rust, I pulled it tight. The tube covering the bolt and applying pressure to the bracket on both sides is from an old black marker cut to the appropriate length.

So far, in about 2K miles, I haven't had any issues with it. It is stable, adjustable and only viabration blurring comes on about 3800-4100 rpm. Not a big deal. Best yet, it doesn't block the turn signal and indicator lights.

Jim