Thread: 03 RT RADIO vs EAR BUDS

03 RT RADIO vs EAR BUDS

This is a two fold question. I have an 03 RT with the radio package built in.

1) Is there a way to wire in ear buds into the radio output and bypass the speakers?

2) Much has been written about wireless/bluetooth etc when it comes to music etc while riding. In one concise thread, what are the best results using wireless and wired helmets for motorcycles?

Quote Originally Posted by Olsensan View Post
    This is a two fold question. I have an 03 RT with the radio package built in.

1) Is there a way to wire in ear buds into the radio output and bypass the speakers?

2) Much has been written about wireless/bluetooth etc when it comes to music etc while riding. In one concise thread, what are the best results using wireless and wired helmets for motorcycles?
    I have and 04 RT with the same radio. The only time I use it is when I'm cleaning or tinkering on the bike. I can't answer question one. On question two I just installed a scala 2Q bluetooth wireless system into my helmet last week. It adds almost no weight to the helmet. Installes in 5 minutes according to the instructions. It took me :25. It comes with a built in FM radio that lets you set up to 6 channels. I have a Zumo 550 GPS which has a built in MP3 player. I already have installed about 20 CD's in to it. Tried it once last week, and even at 75 mph I could hear the music/GPS clearly, with my ear plugs in. It works much better than I ever thought it would. Two years ago I would not even consider getting a GPS, never mind Blue tooth. Now that I look back, its two years wasted. Now I'm going to have to upgrade my cell phone and I will be all set. The best part is when I get on the bike I don't have to plug anything in. just turn the GPS and the helmet on and ready to go. Sorry this is so long, I got carried away. Good luck in what ever way you go.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

I appreciate your reply, it is really helpful. Have you or anyother readers used this system with the zumo550 and XM radio? If so, how was it?