Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My brother sucks! (or is annoying, at least.)

My brother sucks! (or is annoying, at least.)

Well, not really. I helped him pick this up last night in Illinois.
    Supposed 14 thousand miles
    on it and it was tight. Everything looked brand new, and it is basically the bike I have been building all winter with my /7.

19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

sumran
    Very nice. What is year is the bike?

Look at the bright side. Since his is flamboyant red, he will attract all the unwanted attention and you can ride in peace. A red sports car or motorcycle should come with a few tickets as standard equipment.

I never thought of that. It's ticket me Red.

It's a 1977 R100/7. It appears to have been repainted, the color sticker was gone off the rear fender. He also said he had the carbs rebuilt (at 14,000?) and it had a new progressive suspension (front and rear) in it.
    If it was crashed, it is the cleanest bike I have ever seen. Everything was spotless and looked brand new. I told my bro if it was 114,000, they replaced every part on the entire bike, right up to the backrest. It is clean.

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    looks nice
    but the time and date stamp says sept 2007
    what does the bike look like today ?

otherwise, nice lookin scooter

Quote Originally Posted by Isamemon View Post
    looks nice
    but the time and date stamp says sept 2007
    what does the bike look like today ?

otherwise, nice lookin scooter
    Those photos were taken by the owner. It looks identical. There is a slight 2 inch area of oops on the left side of the fairing, but the paint is almost perfect everywhere else. He is a tired but happy man. He dropped me off about 1:15 am and he livesa about 15 minutes away. Then, his wife wanted to see the bike and she leaves at 5am, so they woke him up so they could look at it.

They went ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Very nice.

I've got a '77 R100S that was redone very well, complete with red paint. It's got 126K on the clock, but it could easily pass for 26K.

Either way, it looks like he got a good one. Congrats to him.

Yours is black, no? The proper color for an airhead? Just remind him of that when you're feeling envious.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Darn right he does.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

SNC1923
    Your brother does, indeed, suck. Out loud.

sumran
    Is your brother a BMWMOA member? Or is the long shadow of Rapid Roy too intimidating?

Quote Originally Posted by sumran View Post
    Is your brother a BMWMOA member? Or is the long shadow of Rapid Roy too intimidating?
    Uhhh, the wide and long shadow would be more appropriate: laugh
    Yes, he is a BMWMOA member, and his shadow is just as wide and more long.
    He is Dave2large. If he logs in, somebody tell him I meant my other brother.
    Yeah, thats it.
    He called me earlier in the week, and told me to look at Craigslist for this bike. I found it and called him back immediately and said buy it and don't tell our other brother, or he will buy it and wreck it.

We went to look at it, and after a minute of looking at it, my brother asked me how we were gonna get it in the van. What a lousy negotiator.
    He did take me to Mcdonalds at about 12:30 am, and I told him that in no way does this mean he is square for buying me dinner. I'll hit him up at the Great River Road Run, which we are forcing him to go to. The title may be a bit harsh, Mods feel free to change it to "is annoying." Then Dave will think I am referring to my other brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    I've got a '77 R100S that was redone very well, complete with red paint. It's got 126K on the clock, but it could easily pass for 26K.

Either way, it looks like he got a good one. Congrats to him.

Yours is black, no? The proper color for an airhead? Just remind him of that when you're feeling envious.
    My bike will be sweet when it is done, but until then, I am annoyed with him.
    The bike is still stiff and tight, like a new bike, I am fairly certain it is 14 thousand.
    My /7 has 60 thousand on it. I don't have the spare money though, and I am very happy for him. Now, he needs to get his R69S running, and his "parts that is gonna be a 1000 in a /5 frame" bike done.

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Your brother does, indeed, suck. Out loud.
    Like an eggplant.

dave2large

My name is Dave and I suck.

I have been made aware of your jibes and jests. I just thought I'd like to have a running bike again after 23 years. Does that make me a bad guy? I hereby respectfully bask in what envy you might have and share my good fortune with you. I hope to see you all at some rallies.
    Love,
    Roy's big brother

I sense some bike envy! That looks just like the "Big Brother" of my R60! Careful you don't park too close to me in the Dells - there could be some confusion. On the flip side, that could make for a good photo op.

sumran
    Quote Originally Posted by dave2large View Post
    I have been made aware of your jibes and jests. I just thought I'd like to have a running bike again after 23 years. Does that make me a bad guy? I hereby respectfully bask in what envy you might have and share my good fortune with you. I hope to see you all at some rallies.
    Love,
    Roy's big brother
    Congrats on the new ride. You and your brother did well. I hope you enjoy your brother as much as we do.