Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frosty Nutz Rally

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    The Yankee Beemers put it on and it takes place at the Jamaica State Park in Vermont on the weekend of the 2nd of May. Some where in the southern part of the state. I guess it is a just show up type rally. Saying that, I wonder if food is served or is it a do it yourself feedbag type thing. I am 2 hours north of the rally so I'll definitely be there.

And for those who are planning trips for the summer the Charter Oak Rally takes place on Memorial Day weekend in Connecticut. Cottages are available, plenty of camping space, prime ribs on Saturday night and a good time to be held. Easy to get to off of Rt 2 in Colchester, Ct. straight down 91, to 84 then Rt. 2
    No food is served at the rally. There is a general store and restaurant right outside the enterance of the camp site. And several more not far away.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Talking Will the real Bill P. Please Stand Up!!!

Bill P (yeah you with the YB emblem as your avatar) you are seriously busted. Unless moving to the Left Coast loosened more than a few screws, seriously the former VP of YBs knows his Frosty Nuts

Greetings,

The Frosty Nutz is the Yankee Beemers first campout of the year. It's been going on for almost 20 years but only recently has it been "advertised" in the When and Where.

Show up and find the guy taking money for camping and wristbands. Get a wristband, set up your tent and enjoy.

There is no hot coffee, meals, mugs, door prizes or any of that. It is a bunch of enthusiasts being enthusiastic about the upcoming season. If you want hots bring a stove.

Each site has a fire ring and you can get wood from the ranger. It is a great deal at $20.

It is a pretty small event with average attendance at 50 or so. As with all YB events the more the merrier, but we do appreciate a head's up if you're coming with three or four of your buddies so we can make sure there's a spot for your group.

Rally Rat
    Just checked YB's website, the rally location has been changed due to a construction project. It will now be further north, at Wilgus State Park. Not sure about any added cost at this point, but I have emailed the YB webmaster for more info. Might want to keep an eye on their site for anything new.

Anyone from central PA or south of us headed up?

New Location

As the last post indicates the Frosty Nutz campout will be at a new location this year. Wilgos State Park on the CT River. Same dates May 1st (after noon) 2nd and 3rd.

See the YB website for more details and hope to see you all there.

Craig Cleasby
    YB Treasurer
    Craig Cleasby
    South Windsor, CT
    1996 K1100LT
    2004 R1150GS
    Yankee Beemers

Quote Originally Posted by Colt03 View Post
    As the last post indicates the Frosty Nutz campout will be at a new location this year. Wilgos State Park on the CT River. Same dates May 1st (after noon) 2nd and 3rd.

See the YB website for more details and hope to see you all there.

Craig Cleasby
    YB Treasurer
    Any one who's familar with this area, are there resturants and general stores near by?
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Any one who's familar with this area, are there resturants and general stores near by?
    Close enough. There are a few things just up route 5 but definately not as close or convient as the store in Jamaica.

Rally Rat
    Anyone have a good route up from central PA? Just spent half an hour looking at a map, not finding any insperation. Mapquest takes the slab, and says it can be done from Lancaster, PA in 6 hours, 45 minutes. I'd like to make it take 10-11 hours and stay off the slab. Any ideas?

Thanks!