Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

Got mine yesterday!
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

Thumbs up Sweet!

Got mine today!!

They sent me a second one.....no idea why. Thought I'd wait awhile before I called them to see if they noticed one's missing.

Still haven't been successful in getting it to track me. It starts and then drops out after a bit....never picks back up. Lights indicate it's sending a signal....but....

Customer service has not been able to assist me. They claim I have it too close to the sparkplugs....

Anyone figure out how to wear the thing (on your person) when riding?

I have done some testing with my SPOT.
    Last fall we went from Reno, NV to Carmel by the sea, CA and I had the SPOT in the front pocket of my Santiago jacket.

It was on tracking and the website tracking showed tracking messages 1 through 10 then the "OK" message which was #13. Along the route messages 11 & 12 were missing.

Going home I put Spot in my RKA tank-bag in the clear map section and when I got home the website had all of the tracking messages.

A coulpe of weeks later we went from Reno, NV to Citrus Heights (A&S BMW) and I put SPOT at the bottom of my empty tank-bag and all of the tracking messages came through.

Going home I put SPOT in my GIVI back box and all the tracking messages came through.

I was surprised that it worked through the tank-bag and more surprised that it worked in the GIVI box.

From what I know from friends and myself if you have it in a pocket you body will block the signal.

The logo on the front must face up.