Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Anyone from Florida?

I added two routes from west Jacksonville to Washington, GA to your original file.
    The local club (BMW-NEF) has stayed in this restored hotel, my wife and I stayed there in 07.
    http://thefitzpatrickhotel.com/
    There are other chain motels on the outskirts also available or maybe a B+B.
    I also made you a different route to get to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    Hope this helps. If you can not open the file, feel free to send me a PM and I can e-mail you the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

Thumbs up

Thanks Bernie. Beleive it not, I'd actually refined my route to include some of the same roads in your file. We are thinking about possibly heading our on Monday afternoon (can't get away until 2:00) and putting the first 200 miles behind us. If we do that, I can probably take advantage of the routes you posted which work further to the west and still arrive reasonably early on Wednesday. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. Hopefully our paths will cross up there and I can treat you to beer.

Glad you think the file will help.
    Please keep in mind, that if the road turns to dirt, or the gps tells you to turn on to a dirt road, then you are not on My Route, OK.
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

pinkjacket
    Boynton Beach

R1200s

Up around Deland here. Looking to trade off the R1200S for a more touring capable steed. Perhaps a RT is on the horizon, will make the national next year.

T-Minus 2 weeks till we depart for the Rally. Managed to get in about 200 miles this weekend, including being 1 of only 2 BMW's in the Sanford Rotary Club Poker Run. My wife drew the Ace of Diamonds not once, not twice, but THREE times. Too bad you can only use it once. The other BMW'er was on an R1200RT that we found parked outside the Airport Hanger Bar, but we never managed to connect up. Of course, dang near everyone else was on a Harley.

sriverag
    Located in Miami

Regards!

GPS route

Quote Originally Posted by vectorprime27 View Post
    Thanks Bernie. Beleive it not, I'd actually refined my route to include some of the same roads in your file. We are thinking about possibly heading our on Monday afternoon (can't get away until 2:00) and putting the first 200 miles behind us. If we do that, I can probably take advantage of the routes you posted which work further to the west and still arrive reasonably early on Wednesday. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. Hopefully our paths will cross up there and I can treat you to beer.
    Great work! If you don't mind my asking, could you post an updated GPS file? I am trying to finalize plans and leaving from South Florida probably on Sunday.

Thumbs up

I will leave Jax on the 13th and travel up to Helen, GA. I'm planning on riding the scenic roads in that area Tuesday and hope to arrive at the Rally site about noon on Wed. Ride Safe Meet you at the Beer Tent/Garden

Jacksonville.

Happy Fourth. Keep our troops in mind.

gordonbrice

Leaving for the Rally next weekend?

Anyone here leaving next weekend for the rally, I'm planning to leave early Friday or Saturday. If anyone is traveling on the weekend, lets exchange contact info., maybe we can meet up somewhere.

-g

Jacksonville

Leaving Jax on the 14th, most likely. Will stop at a couple of National Parks or Historic Sites on the way to the rally. I plan to arrive at the fairgrounds on Wednesday afternoon.
    Ray King
    R1200C; R1200RT
    MOA, RA, IBA, AMA
    Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    Great work! If you don't mind my asking, could you post an updated GPS file? I am trying to finalize plans and leaving from South Florida probably on Sunday.
    The original file and Bernie's update are both posted above. You can download either (or both) and edit as you see fit. Let me know if I'm missing something and you need the file in a different format. We will be departing Monday afternoon, and stopping somewhere around Jax or slightly north. Hope to make it to Asheville by the end of the day on Tuesday, then arrive at the Rally before noon on Wednesday. The posted file is the route we'll be taking. See you at the Rally!

gordonbrice

Under way

Left S. Fla this morning and spending the night just north of Valdosta GA. Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Atlanta to meet up with another rider, then it's N. GA mountains and the twistiest route to the rally. If anyone wants to meet up on the road somewhere. PM me.

-g

We're out the door tomorrow about 3:00. Getting a late start due to a commitment of the wife's. If all goes well, we'll make it into Georgia on Monday night, then Asheville on Tuesday, and hit the Rally site before noon on Wednesday. I'll be helping set up the Cyber Cafe for all you tech heads and nerds. Everyone ride safe....see you there!