Thread: Sliding forward on the seat!

JPHAN

Sliding forward on the seat!

I've got an "07" K12GT with a Bill Mayer leather front seat. The seat is firm, very smooth and slick. It's a constant battle to keep from sliding forward. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff Phan

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jphan View Post
    I've got an "07" K12GT with a Bill Mayer leather front seat. The seat is firm, very smooth and slick. It's a constant battle to keep from sliding forward. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff Phan
    Please don't take this as a 'smart remark' but you don't have any Armor All or similar clean and shine product on it do you? I did that only once on my /5 and almost became a Castrando! I wonder if the riding pants have anything to do with it? -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

But pad

You might want to try some sort of but pad on the seat such as a sheepskin. Hopefully that should solve the problem as well as make riding more enjoyable......tkm

There is a boot weatherproofing product called SnoSeal, made mostly of beeswax and some lanolin. It will seal and treat the leather, give it an armorall type shine, but the finish is not slippery, it seems to add traction to the seating surface, especially with a textile riding suit. Rub it on the seat, heat with a hair dryer until it liquifies, wipe off the surplus.
    Works very well to seal stitched seams in a seat, preventing the seat 'sponge' effect in rainy weather.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

JPHAN
    No Armorall from me. I bought the bike used with the seat. It doesn't look like any kind of polish has been applied. I wear Olympia mesh over pants.

I'm going to look into the sheep skin pad and SnoSeal. I'm concerned the SnoSeal will leave a residue on my riding pants?

Quote Originally Posted by jphan View Post
    No Armorall from me. I bought the bike used with the seat. It doesn't look like any kind of polish has been applied. I wear Olympia mesh over pants.

I'm going to look into the sheep skin pad and SnoSeal. I'm concerned the SnoSeal will leave a residue on my riding pants?
    No residue. After you have heated and liquified the SnoSeal, wipe awae all the excess, the seat will buff to a nice shine that is not slippery. An application seems to last 6-8 weeks.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    ho ho.... the residue could be an interesting conversation piece Seriously though, I would work with the condition of the surface. While the sheepskin is a cozy option I also found that I gained about an inch of distance up. It may make a difference to you when loaded (the bike I mean). -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

JPHAN
    Hey Guys, thanks for the helpful information!

Jeff Phan