Thread: Gas Tank Quick -connect

SHEEPDOG

Angry Gas Tank Quick -connect

Well it is almost getting spring in Wyoming. Got my R1150 RT out of the barn yesterday and took a short ride. Parked in the drive way and seen a little gas on the right side under the center stand. Removed the right side and found the quick-connect leaking a little, touched the hoses and that was a mistake, lost all the gasoline, glad I was in the driveway got a can and saved most of the gas, Sure glad I at home, and engine wasn't hot could have been a bad thing all the gasoline hot engine.

Ron

what Spring's first ride is for! At least you can replace them with the upgraded metal ones now and take one less worrysome item off the list
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

bflemingor
    That's been a problem with the K-bikes too. Dumped my "Q-connectors" at my 12K service, for brass barbs. A little extra hassel for O&R, but I don't worry about leaks 500 miles from the nearest shop.....

Look here http://www.beemerboneyard.com/fuliqudise.html for a good quality replacement.
    USN Retired
    '02 R1150 RT

Twempie

I'll second the beemerboneyard QDs

I've had the tank off half a dozen times in the past year, without any concerns. Remember to install one of the QDs "upside down" so when reconnecting them, there's no mistakes when snapping them together.

SHEEPDOG

Smile connects on order

Got some brass connects on order. Sure is a week point the lines.

TNX all
    Ron

P Monk

mine broke 100 miles from nowhere

hit a large hole at low speed and started leaking. Wasn't aware until i stopped and it was dripping to ground. Always carried fuel hose and connectors and clamps after that to eliminate the quick connects if necessary. Think that would be a must have like tire plugs and pump.
    P. Monk
    My prized possessions. 74 R90/6 Mine! (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant. My most prized possession is my relationship with Jesus!

PELON
    I have a 95 R1100R, haven't had the bike long. do I have these? I haven't had the tank off, Should I just replace them?