Thread: Rusell Day-Long with Backrest

Question Rusell Day-Long with Backrest

So I am getting ready to order a dual Day-Long for me R1200RT. I am considering the backrest option even though it's quite a bit of money. I am wondering how it affects riding with your pillion. Does anyone have any experience with one? Do you like having the backrest? I appreciate any info. I may just have the seat done and get the backrest next winter.

SNOONE
    Hey Steve,

I don't know the answer to the question but I'll bump the post so you get more reads! Hope all is well.

Thumbs up THanks!

Hey Mitch!
    Yeah everything good here. I am looking forward to the riding season which seems a long way off after waking up with snow on the ground this morning.

RDL with backrest

I am an extremely satisfied new owner of a RDL with a backrest for my 1150 Adventure. I elected to have the option for my model knowing that if I did not like it, I could remove it and not use it. My worry was not having bought it and then riding someones bike who had it, and being pi**ed off. I do not ride with passengers, so I can not comment on that. Spend the extra (stimulate our economy) and never have to wish you would have bought it. Great company to work with in my opinion. In any event, your choice in RDL will not be a regret. Good Ridin"

Here is a review of one

For those that are interested someone on BMWSportTouring.com sent me his review of his RT seat with a backrest.