Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mileage Awards On-Line?

Mileage Awards On-Line?

Are these on-line? I looked but only see the small section that talks about the award and the application.

I would like to see all mileage awards on-line...a good way to see some of the "movers and shakers" of the club...well, at least the "movers".... The hard part would be pulling the information out of the archives, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Once up, it wouldn't take much to keep it current.

Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The next link down had the mileage awards roll.

It is undoubtedly in need of some updating...
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards/roll

But movers and shakers?

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    But movers and shakers?

You know, because of all that moving down the road, they've had to shake the life back into the butts more than the rest of us...

Doh! Was that link there all along or did you just create it? I thought I looked...I notice that that page was updated on 3/8/09.

Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

OUTBACKUFO
    Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    The next link down had the mileage awards roll.

It is undoubtedly in need of some updating...
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards/roll

But movers and shakers?

I want one of these special award....
    Langston, Mandy ("the diva") 23

Though i cant complain i get my name to sit next to a 1,000,000 er... be some miles might rub off...

update??

I got my 100K award in 2000....still not on list!!
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

Question Mileage Contest

Greetings !

What happened to the mileage contest results ? I don't think I was in the running for anything, but it's nice to see the results by state.
    JD Watson
    2004 R1150RT
    "Too much of a good thing is not enough..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I got my 100K award in 2000....still not on list!!
    They're definitely not current. I received my 500k in 2006, and I'm still listed at 400k. I know fer sure Deb Lower just earned her 500k, and she's listed at 200k. Definitely not up to date.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Mileage currency ????

Wow!!!!! I would really be disappointed...if I was in the High Mileage league...why have a list if it is 2-3 years old???? Karol....who's in the running for first Female 1M miles??? Ardys? you? Deb???
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

CRUISIN

three years out for me

I hit 200K and got the patches, etc. summer of 2006. Now, three years later I'm still listed at 100K. I'll be at 300K by summer's end this year; wondering if I should even bother sending the info in.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Wow!!!!! I would really be disappointed...if I was in the High Mileage league...why have a list if it is 2-3 years old???? Karol....who's in the running for first Female 1M miles??? Ardys? you? Deb???
    Voni must be right up there if not in the lead!

The listings on the old web-site were not updated for a number of years. We now have them in the new system. They will be updated. Those published periodically in the magazine are up to date. The disparity will be rectified. Your interest and involvement in motorcycling is not being diminished.

IOW, keep riding.

CRUISIN
    continuing to ride won't be a problem; continuing to pay membership fees to the MOA may be.

I'm sorry this issue might jeopardize your membership. What's on the web-site will be updated. Again, the records kept by the club are up to date and are reflected in those printed in the magazine.

CRUISIN
    It's not just the one issue, but rather the whole atmosphere of non-responsiveness to the masses. It seems that there are a select few who control every decision and most of the decisions are very narrow minded with great resistance to change because it goes against "tradition". Tradition is fine and we need to honor it, but resistance to change is why China built the great wall. What I see is that tradition is the MOA's great wall.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It's not just the one issue, but rather the whole atmosphere of non-responsiveness to the masses. It seems that there are a select few who control every decision and most of the decisions are very narrow minded with great resistance to change because it goes against "tradition". Tradition is fine and we need to honor it, but resistance to change is why China built the great wall. What I see is that tradition is the MOA's great wall.
    Not having the web site perfectly up to date is a screw up, but it is hardly a tradition. It certainly would be nice if my 600K and Voni's 800K were up on the site, but that won't inspire me to quit MOA.

Until recently the entire web presence was done by volunteers. It still partly is. This is a club, not a big business like Enron or AIG. So I cut it some slack for being hugely volunteer driven.

If that isn't good enough, then I don't know what to say to you.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves