Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealers in SE Wisconsin

Dealers in SE Wisconsin

Which has the best service department, Mischlers or BMW Motorcycles of Milwaukee?
    I've have had a couple of minor issues with both BMW of Milwaukee, (Forgot to put in a fastener, anti seize all over hand grip) and Mischlers (Scratches on rim from tire change) Their shop prices seem about the same.
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception."
    James Thurber

The problems you list are a complaint that can be had by all dealers. Sadly with BMW's we only have 3 dealers in Wisconsin, BMW MKE, Mischlers, and Nicks.

In my experience I am very happy with BMW MKE. The work is done quick, and correct (as best as I can tell). Previously I owned a Yamaha and Kawasaki brand machines. In my opinion there is no good Yamaha dealer in SE Wisconsin, parts and service sucked! I did find a good place for Kawi parts and service, but they did not really know bikes is parts, and service was slow. My carb clean was behind a John Deere Gator. I now laugh at my father with his Goldwing dealer. The dealer does not have any clue on long distance touring accessories or mods. I have not had these problems with BMW MKE.

The point is that BMW shops do provide specialized services. Can problems or errors happen, yes. Talk to the shop and explain the problem. In truth, it is your responsibility to build a rapport with the dealer and staff. But remember, you want to build a good rapport.

Snowy.

The other 2 dealers get all the accolades, but I really like Mischlers. I've had a few problems, nothing that I feel couldn't have happened at any dealer, and they've always made it right. I did feel more confident in Arts ability when he was a tech, but the guys in the shop seem to know their stuff. Jason, the service writer, is really good at what he does and enthused about the product.

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

+1 for Mischlers. I've visited all 3 and find them all nice. I met Art Mischler & the gang when I was buying my first BMW and have nothing but positive things to say about them. They sold me and give me reasons to keep coming back.

It ain't easy bein Cheezy cheesewhiz's Avatar
    +1 for Mischler's as well.

My story too:
    Quote Originally Posted by womanridge View Post
    +1 for Mischlers. I've visited all 3 and find them all nice. I met Art Mischler & the gang when I was buying my first BMW and have nothing but positive things to say about them. They sold me and give me reasons to keep coming back.
    99 RT
    03 KLR

GWHIZ

I had emergency service done on my 2007 R1200RT when on a trip to NC. Mischler's ordered and replaced the antenna ring in less than 36 hours. The service was great and they loaned me a BMW motorcycle to ride for the time mine was in the shop. If I didn't live so far away I'd purchase my motorcycles from them.

+1 for Mischler's as well. I recently purchased a used 2008 RT from a Doctor in Florida and had it shipped here to Iowa. I e-mailed Gina's and Mischler's for some prices for a 49L top case and a few other items. I did not hear anything from Gina's but Mischler's got right back to me with some excellent prices. I ordered a top case and the dual horns for the 05 model. I want to get rid of the scooter horn that is on the bike now. Man that horn is embarrassing to use LOL... I have had a few questions and the service dept at Mischler's has answered every question for me and seemed very eager to help me.
    2008 R1200RT
    Sand Beige Metallic
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge

If you are looking for service work call Glen. http://www.thoroughbred-cycles.com/

I stay away from all dealers seeing how they dont sell airheads anymore.
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegates View Post
    If you are looking for service work call Glen. http://www.thoroughbred-cycles.com/

+1
    ditto
    what he said
    I have had no empathy or understanding from Mischler's since the kids took over or Milwaukee BMW and Rockford BMW died when BMW made them separate from Kiegels.
    I have had really good experiences from Thoroughbred's. I give him money all the time.
    I have had good report about Matt at Motor West.
    Motor West
    John Rambo, who used to wrench at Rockford BMW and Kiegels has recently gone out on his own. I have his phone number if your interested in that.
    1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave

Anyone know if these Independents work on newer oilheads? I have an '07 RT.
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception."
    James Thurber

Glen works on anything. he maintains our 07 650 GS. call him
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

Quote Originally Posted by mikegates View Post

I would recommend Glen as well, reasonable prices, knowledgeable technician, and friendly service.

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaw1994 View Post
    I would recommend Glen as well, reasonable prices, knowledgeable technician, and friendly service.
    Yeah, what dealer do you know of that has a daily scheduled customer appreciation conversation and wind-down time?
    1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave

I've been very happy with the service at BMW Motorcycles of Milwaukee. I've been going there since they opened about 6 years ago. Before that I've had many years of good service at their other dealership down the block called Southeast Sales (Honda, Kawasaki, Triumph, Suzuki) which is owned by the same family. Very good people to deal with.

Give Jim a call at Rose Farm Classics. He has been working on BMW's for many years and is a good wrench. He is located in Woodstock, IL.

http://www.rosefarmclassics.com/
    2008 R1200RT
    Sand Beige Metallic
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge