Thread: Weather Radio

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Weather Radio

I am looking for a better solution for Weather Radio Alerts. I have a simple one that requires the user to change the station covering the area manually.

I want to find a solution that will automatically tune to the appropriatte station for the area I am riding in, and be able to receive alerts.

Any solutions?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

USERNAME
    i think ive seen them out there that remain mostly off, but scan for alerts. when an alert is there (im assuming there is a protocol and some initial identifier or something) the thing starts squawking. so im guessing those dont know where they are, they just scan the frequency band for the alerts. i might be completely wrong.

i'll look around and see what i find.

[edit] im just adding to this post...

um, brad, do you have google in indiana?

i found this.

it has the option to tell it where you are, so that you dont get alerts for other places. that makes me think that if you dont tell it where you are, it'll give you whatever alerts it can pick up.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Yup I googled and amazon'ed and could not find out if it monitors all 7 stations or not. That is the hard part. Typically SAME only listens to the one you are tuned to.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

The Beautiful Southwest fetishbear's Avatar

Weather Radio...and more

I've been considering the new J&M Corp JMCB-2003 ÔÇö the world's first, all-in-one, handlebar-mounted, motorcycle audio system! Not only is it a full-featured CB, it has NOAA Weather channels, Intercom and input for your favorite CD Player, Sat Radio, Nav etc.

It answers a lot of questions. Check out their webpage at www.jmcorp.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hmmm. Maybe I should do likewise. I've got a cheep Jensen unit that is about four years old. It hums when it's in silent mode, and alerts for no apparent reason. It's usually unplugged becuase of those annoyances.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad