Thread: Need a Route Plan to hit all Confederacy

Need a Route Plan to hit all Confederacy

I wanted some help to find what the most efficient route would be to touch all 11 states of the confederacy. They would be Va, NC, SC, TN, Ga, FL, Al, LA, MS, AR, TX. I would like to start or end somewhere around atlanta. I would also like to keep it to a bunburner IBA length ride, or around 1500 miles. I have a route that is just under 1800 miles so far.
    Thanks
    Ron

Sorry no route , but when you swing thru Florida, try to see Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park. It's small, but one of a very few CW sites in Florida, plus it's north near the GA line.
    Mike Barfield - Plant City, FL
    '07 R1200 GS - '75 R90/6 - '93 R100GS PD - '71 R60/5 - 2 X '73 R75/5 LWB - '83 R80 ST
    Picts

Olustee

Know it well,. I am over in Jacksonville. We have attended the re-enactmant and walked the battlefield there when my son was younger.

Shiloh

Make sure you come to Shiloh in West Tennessee near the Mississippi line. It's probably the best National Park Battlefield in the whole system. It's in a very rural area and pretty much undisturbed. Go to the headquarters and get the automobile tour brochure and take it on your bike or walk. It's a beautiful place.

RKL
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Natl Battlefield sites

I like Kennesaw Mountain ('we killed Bishop Polk yesterday and had a good day today') and Chicamauga also. but Shiloh is easier to walk around than both of those.