Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rally from Southwest Florida

2009 Rally from Southwest Florida

• Planning on going,
    • Not sure the exact date,
    • Wife has given permission ,
    • Starting a new business (lets see how it works from a far )
    • Leaving from Sarasota/Bradenton Area,

Who else is going from Fla?

Will update after Sunbeemer meetiing/ride in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by parkec; 02-26-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: i'm a loser

I will be heading up from the Ft. Lauderdale area.

-g

Also may be going from SE FLA. At least I am hoping to go....
    Mike M
    2014 GSA
    MOA# 86571

Smile

I will be leaving from the Jacksonville area at least three days before the rally in TN just to cruise leisurely N to Helen, GA and then NE to Gray, TN. My plan is to tent camp unless the weather is really bad.
    Ride Safe
    Last edited by Rpbump; 05-13-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: error

Orlando to the Rally....

My wife and I will be leaving from the Orlando area. At the moment we are planning on doing the trip in 2 days - leave Wednesday and arrive Thursday. We'll be camping at the rally, but would probably hit an inexpensive hotel on the ride up....or camp if it works out. We want to do the 2 lane senic route, and leave the interstate highways to the crazies I'll be mapping our the desired route soon, but we would love to buddy up with someone else traveling from Florida if our plans fit yours....we can be flexible. We're riding a K1200LT.

FL to Rally

I am planning to leave Port St Lucie a week or so befor the rally, head up through rural GA, via Rt 1 and 15. Then 441 to Cherokee. From there I will spend several nights along the Blue Ridge Parkway--a few good MC campgrounds, then to the rally. After that will continue north on the parkway and rural roads to the RA rally. Hope to camp most of the nights, with a few motel nights to clean up and come down a bit. After the RA Rally I plan to visit a few friends in PA and then off to MD, VA, and back on the BR parkway to get toward home. Always hate the last long day of Florida Interstates, but by then it is time to get home.

At this weekends Sunbeemer meetiong/ride best I could figure out 4 riders going maybe, and a couple of others ifish.

Hope to refine soon.
    .................................................. ..................................
    IBA #50026

www.devilrays.com

Riding from Bradenton

I've been looking for some riders from this area who are heading to the rally. I plan on leaving on Wed. I would be interested in riding up with someone.

Also, I am going to be joining the Sunbeemers club within the next couple of weeks.

I will check back on this thread.
    Deepak Menon
    2006 Red R1200RT

bump
    .................................................. ..................................
    IBA #50026

www.devilrays.com

Me and the old man are leaving from the panhandle on the Tuesday prior and taking two days transit time.
    -Mike

'02 R1150R
    '88 R100RS

Headin to the 09 Rally from SE Fla

At least two from Stuart Fla plan on departing on the Monday before the rally.
    Another rider from our community might join us also. Plan on spending the first night in Columbia S.C. and then on to Knoxville to stay with a friend who will join us and plan on arriving early Wed afternoon and setting up our tents. This is my first Rally and I'm looking foward to the adventure. This is the first time I'll be pulling a cargo trailer also.. Hope to see you there Tom B..Ron and Ted
    RTRon

I'll be going not sure if I'll leave from St. Pete. or spend a week or so in Blairsville before I go.
    Knick
    F800GS
    Vespa ET4

Heading up from Orlando. There is another thread (see link below) regarding Florida riders. After a fair amount of research , I also posted the route we plan to take in a Garmin Exchange Format (in the other thread). Edit, modify, or adapt as needed. Hope this helps someone.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...t=34231&page=3

Talking

I will leave Jax,FL on July 12th. Helen, GA will be on my route to the Rally and I plan on spending a day or 2 in N GA. Following back (2 lane) roads I plan on arriving in Gray, TN on Wed (I'm a beer tent volunteer). I know that many members of The NE FL BMW Club plan on attending the rally and I hope to meet some of the many posters from this forum. Ride Safe
    Last edited by Rpbump; 06-05-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: error

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gordonbrice View Post
    I will be heading up from the Ft. Lauderdale area.

-g
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBMW View Post
    Also may be going from SE FLA. At least I am hoping to go....
    I have just put in for the time off starting on the 14th (Tuesday). I am currently living in Pembroke Pines but will be moving into a new apartment in Ft. Lauderdale within the next couple weeks. Hopefully I will done with the move before the ride.....but I guess it does not really matter. The ride is more important. Has anyone made any solid plans or rally points with times to meet? This will be my first long distance (first time going farther than Daytona) and I am game for anything. Just say when and where and I will be there.

FYI: I can ussually be found at the Everglades Holiday Park every Sunday morning between 0730-1030. Just look for the white R1200R and start poking it, you will have my attention