Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GPS, Radar, Heated Clothing Connections

Quote Originally Posted by GrantMacEachern View Post
    My impression was that you run a negative line from battery to the fuseblock as well as a positive. Then, Use the other posts to connect in all your auxillary needs that would normally be squeezed for space on your battery posts.

Tks.
    Grant if you look closely at the schematic you will see connection point off of the negative battery post.

One is going to the relay the other to the fuse panel.

If you opt out of the relay option just wire direct from battery to the FP.

The installation instructions would walk you thru it
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GrantMacEachern View Post
    Semper_Fi
    Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it! Wish me luck!
    Grant, if all the mysteries are too mysterious for you, Touratech makes a nice little fused power block with a built-in relay. You just need to get power to it from a switched source, ground it, and you're good to go for about five or six different gizmos.

"Get power to it from a switched source" means, in English, splicing into a wire, such as the rear accessory plug. If you don't have the rear plug, someone can suggest another wire.

Quote Originally Posted by markgoodrich View Post
    Touratech makes a nice little fused power block with a built-in relay.
    Would that be the TPS 15?

Note that its power handling capability is pathetic at a mere 15A total; far worse that the FuzeBlock.

Now if all you're driving is a GPS, cell phone and a heated vest, then it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Would that be the TPS 15?

Note that its power handling capability is pathetic at a mere 15A total; far worse that the FuzeBlock.

Now if all you're driving is a GPS, cell phone and a heated vest, then it is fine.
    Yep, that's the one. And yes, I only run Autocom, sat radio. Actually, I have my heated stuff wired direct to the battery. My point in suggesting it is that it's the simplest-to-connect unit I have seen.

About the only thing I can think of that I would use, that might pull more than the capacity of the unit, would be a compressor; my Slime pump has clips for direct connection to the battery. I only use it in emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by markgoodrich View Post
    My point in suggesting it is that it's the simplest-to-connect unit I have seen.
    That it is (goes for the FuzeBlock also). Nothing could be easier!

For my purposes, the current limit is the limiting factor and I don't want to operate that close to the edge. I am running 15 amps on two items alone plus another few low power items. I'd like the exra buffer just in case I want to add another high power item. I hope the manufacturers read this...hint.

At least we can talk about it now with the high output alternators on our motorcycles.

taller than wide GRANTMACEACHERN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    At least we can talk about it now with the high output alternators on our motorcycles.
    This is true. After years of airheads I'm not concerned about the alternator.

Just picked up the BlueSea fuseblock from Genco Marine. I plan to do an install this weekend, was called out of town recently.

Thanks all.
    g r a n t