Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RV'ers not happy?

"We are, after all, a m/c club". Not the FMCA.

Woodgrain

I know but;

Tell the 200+ Rv folks that showed up at a recent rally this, BMW's in tow. Its a obvious choice for many of our older brethren these days to do this. Our rally will be the m/c event as always, "I hope", but its not too unrealistic to imagine an middle aged/elderly organization as the MOA having these rigs show up, now is it. Me, a "hard core tenter" still, but you never know with age and the need to splurge, if able....Johnson City is a wonderful locale and we should not dismiss these kind of sites, I agree, for RV concerns. Just some thoughts/concerns for RV's...Randy

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Nothing against RV's. Some folks enjoy both bike riding and RV's. With the tough requirements for a rally site, to add RV accommodations seems to be another hoop that we shouldn't put in the way of an otherwise great site.
    There are some of us who have physical or medical conditions that prevent us from camping in a tent but who like to be at the rally rather than being in an offsite motel. When you have many thousands of members attending, there are quite a few with the need.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

advrider.com
    When AARP and BMW team up to create the BMWRVOA 2010 rally, it will seem necessary to make special accommodations for RV'ers.. Otherwise, I say.. this is a motorcycle club. Let's all ride there. Riding's more fun anyway.

After RV's where does the MOA draw the line? We gotta make space for airplanes, and gotta have it by a river so people can bring their boats..

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    When AARP and BMW team up to create the BMWRVOA 2010 rally, it will seem necessary to make special accommodations for RV'ers.. Otherwise, I say.. this is a motorcycle club. Let's all ride there. Riding's more fun anyway.

After RV's where does the MOA draw the line? We gotta make space for airplanes, and gotta have it by a river so people can bring their boats..
    There are a lot of thoughts that come to mind, but I'll simply attribute the remarks above to youth . Was it really necessary to be insensitive to others?
    Dan

Jack Herbst

Angry

Kind of narrow minded of you dude or narcissitic!

Damn low, damn low.

Ssssssshhhhhhhh

I was going to post a comment but now I'm afraid I might say something wrong or God forbid not PC... hmmmm.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

What does it have to do with age? I had a severe back injury 37 years ago at age 24 (doctors said I should not be able to walk) and I appreciate every day I can ride my motorcycles. My RV helps make rallies possible.

I was parked beside a motorhome at the RA rally in Shelbyville a few years ago. The occupant was coming to his last rally. He had terminal cancer and wanted to go to one more motorcycle rally before he died.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I have too;

I have picked on some of my friends for the RV thing at rallies, too, but its been in fun. If they have the means and the want to go that way, I'm aok with it. The MOA has and will be a m/c riders rally and the majority will ride and camp in tents for the forseeable future anyways. I am not going to put down my RV friends and they are so very welcome, as always. I also know all sites cannot be perfect for everybody and the majority of this org. is still on two wheels and the rally sites with extras for RV,s, are icing on the cake. Always "consider" the minorities is all I ask, because we "all" will be one someday and wish for the same. Happy Trails, Randy....Go Johnson City, be ready, we're coming

A Sea of RV's...... let's not

I think the operative words are 'accommodate' vs 'attract'. I think the MOA has always (and will continue) to accommodate a limited number RV's as best as they can. Accommodation is a good thing - to a point. I don't think we should try to 'attract' them to increase attendance. I would hate to think that a great future rally location would be passed over because it didn't have a large number of full RV hookups.

Just my $.02
    P.S. I also own a full size travel trailer and love that style of camping too.
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

just an idea

Park the RV at your friendly Super Walmart, and ride over to the rally.

Plus'
    No trailer queen jokes.
    Consumption fo less alcohol

Minus'
    Consumption of less alcohol.
    Can't stumble "home" after too much alcohol.

It ain't easy bein Cheezy cheesewhiz's Avatar
    Has the RV population ever impacted the tenters ability to set up? (i.e. Taken up too much space, or prime spots)
    This would be my only concern

G Whiz
    99 RT
    03 KLR

GWHIZ

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    From our membership page:
    The aim of BMW MOA is communication, based upon the mutual sharing of individual ideas, talents, concepts and experiences; so the knowledge and enjoyment of our sport will substantially increase through collective education and participation
    Does it matter so much how the member gets to the rally as long as the member gets there?
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

advrider.com
    Sorry, I was joking.. based on recent threads about this being an "old mans club." Really, I didn't mean to offend.

But, as I said, this is a motorcycle club..