Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123

Thread: Mountainia ride-2-Q

  1. #1
    Frieden mit uns allen drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    246
    Here's the link to the North Carolina BBQ trail http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_map.html

    Hope it helps ya...
    05 R1200RT
    Duragloss, Sidi, Russell, Olympia, Arai
    Sonor Signature Series (no longer made thanks to AMF buying Sonor)
    These are a few of my favorite things ...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    140

    Bbq

    Do we want to just ride for BBQ or do some recon for the MOA??

    Mid to late March would be fine.

  3. #3
    Registered User scoobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus,GA
    Posts
    250
    Sounds like fun, I'm still waiting on the Georgians finalising the March dates for a Saddlesore run, just been to the website and there's no new postings.
    Are we talking "Tomato -based" barbecue sauce or the nasty stuff??
    Cheers,
    "The other Ian"
    Ian Robert "Scoobs" Scobie

    '92 K75RT, '02 F650GS Dakar;
    But fondly miss.. R80RT, R45,CB250RS,DT125MX,TS100

  4. #4
    I Need More COWBELL 308NUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NOLA and Da Dirty Mo. NC
    Posts
    165
    Hey I'm in late March is fine.





    Wade

  5. #5
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,331
    Sounds like a great plan!
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  6. #6
    are12c
    Guest
    I'm in as well. Still trying to find a good BBQ place since relocating to Upstate, SC.

    Hell, I'm still trying to learn where all the good roads are, too.


  7. #7
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Here's the link to the North Carolina BBQ trail http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_map.html

    Hope it helps ya...
    there is something wrong with this map....

    except for murphy, they ain't got no bbq joints in mountainia ... just in points *east* of mountainia.

    what's up with that?????

    well, here are some thoughts for the assembled group to consider.

    - for those that wish to camp on a saturday night, meet up somewhere mid-morning on saturday to set up camp and then head for q.

    - for those who don't want to camp, either meet us at camp and ride to q or meet us for lunch.

    - after lunch, ride.

    - q for dinner.

    - get up sunday morning, break camp, ride to a lunch spot for q.

    - head home.

    sound like the rough outlines for a plan?

    late march or early april-ish.

  8. #8
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
    Sounds like fun, I'm still waiting on the Georgians finalising the March dates for a Saddlesore run, just been to the website and there's no new postings.
    i *think* that our saddlesore run is going to be in november, in conjunction with the shrimp boil.

    Are we talking "Tomato -based" barbecue sauce or the nasty stuff??

    hey "other" ian -

    more likely than not, it will be western-NC-style q which is a tomato-based sauce added to something with vinegar and whatever spices the chef deems suitable.

    personally, i like south carolina-style, but too many people say "gakkk" when that is mentioned.

  9. #9
    I Need More COWBELL 308NUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NOLA and Da Dirty Mo. NC
    Posts
    165
    [QUOTE=Visian;427009]i *think* that our saddlesore run is going to be in november, in conjunction with the shrimp boil.




    SHRIMP BOIL, who is doing a Shrimp Boil, I was born in New Orleans and lived there 37 years, I can boil the hell out of shrimp, crawfish, crabs, and a whole host of other stuff we throw into it. how can I participate in this and if help is needed i'm available.



    Wade

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    there is something wrong with this map....

    except for murphy, they ain't got no bbq joints in mountainia ... just in points *east* of mountainia.

    what's up with that?????

    Don't know I thought the same thing. I'm working on a file for Mapsource with some locations marked


    late march or early april-ish.
    There are two GNCC races in that time frame. March 21-22 Steele Creek GNCC in Morganton NC and April 4-5 in the Big Buck GNCC in Union SC which we go to every year.

  11. #11
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by 308nut View Post
    SHRIMP BOIL, who is doing a Shrimp Boil, I was born in New Orleans and lived there 37 years, I can boil the hell out of shrimp, crawfish, crabs, and a whole host of other stuff we throw into it. how can I participate in this and if help is needed i'm available.
    wade - this is a bmw mc owners of georgia annual event, at our november club meeting. someone usually rides over to beaufort, sc and buys some shrimp offa da boat and brings it to the meeting.

    it's at high falls state park, on november 8.

    our boiler is pretty darn good, but i don't think we'd mind a few guests...

    ian

  12. #12
    I Need More COWBELL 308NUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NOLA and Da Dirty Mo. NC
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    wade - this is a bmw mc owners of georgia annual event, at our november club meeting. someone usually rides over to beaufort, sc and buys some shrimp offa da boat and brings it to the meeting.

    it's at high falls state park, on november 8.

    our boiler is pretty darn good, but i don't think we'd mind a few guests...

    ian

    Im in, let me know how many usually attend and I can make either a big pot of Gumbo or Jambalaya



    Wade
    I love em cause Dueces are Wild !!!!!! My 2001 R1100RL

    "There is no honor in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"

  13. #13
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    sound like the rough outlines for a plan?

    late march or early april-ish.
    IN!
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  14. #14
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,527

    so here's what i am thinking.

    in deference to scbmwrider, and acknowledging that it can still be danged cold in march, let's shoot for april 18-19

    the thought is to meet at a campground for a late saturday morning departure to a bbq spot for lunch... then a ride... then bbq for dinner, then camp.

    i'm thinking high country cycle camp... i haven't been there in a long time!



    is it possible for folks to get there before noon?

    the other alternative is a spot i know near hot springs.

    ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    ________________________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

  15. #15
    Registered User ltrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    165
    I love Q! I've penciled this in if there's room at the table. Only 3 hours up the road.

    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •