Thread: Swivel Hitch

Swivel Hitch

Any body have any experience with a Swivel Hitch pulling a trailer

Yes. Absolute requirement in my opinion. Pays for itself the first time your bike falls over (it happens). You'll also notice a difference when leaning over for curves when pulling the trailer. I'm also a fan of electric brakes - finally hooked mine up last year and kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Do you have specific questions?
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Don't leave home without it!

My brother totaled his Wing when he ran out of lean. I built one into my trailer and run with the pack like the trailer's not even there.
    Rick Swauger

84 R65
    98 1100RT
    02 Kymco Cobra Racer

Swivel Hitch

I have a fair bit of experience both ways. I started out pulling my Bunkhouse with a 1994 K1100LT with a non swivel hitch. I asked a lot of people about the necessity of a swivel and was assured that I didn't need it for normal use. I pulled the trailer for several years without and then started thinking that I am getting older and may drop the bike at a gas stop or parking etc. I thought about the damage that may occur far from home if that happened. I added the swivel hitch and lo and behold the handling changed immensely. It was like night and day. Much improved! I have always run electric brakes and will not go without. If you wish to add electric brakes to an existing trailer I have researched the parts needed and sources. Let me know if I can help.
    Robert Bolton
    rbolton@satnow.net