Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spokane-The $91 Aftermath

Jeez! You got off with a warning PLUS you had the short lines at the showers in Spokane.

Could be time for Mrs. Doubtfire to do the next rally!

Marty

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Being an attractive woman helps even more. Us ugly guys just don't have a chance.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

What about California?

Going up to the rally, I got a ticket in Nevada, Humbolt county near the OR border, for 91 in a 70 (he wrote me up for 80). I called the DA's office in Nevada and they don't have any program for getting out of the ticket (i.e., being on probation). I just paid the ticket. I live in CA, and wanted to know if my record will reflect this ticket. Does anyone know what will happen? I don't plan on adding a car or person to my policy, and will keep in mind what has been said on this forum.

Thanks for any advice.

ghostryder

Talking

Pay and pray!!!!!!

Cool

It's called a Valentine 1 folks. Put one of these bad boys on your bike and you won't be thinking about where to mail a check or how many points might show up on your record.
    Last edited by RT RANDY; 08-05-2004 at 06:58 PM.
    Luck favors those who are prepared.

Unregistered
    I think states vary on reporting fast driving awards to the winner's home state. Coming back from RA last year, one of Kentucy's finest awarded me 73 in a 55 ($140). My license came up for renewal in May and I was informed that I had to take both the car and bike written tests because of my "close encounter" with Officer Davis (perfect score on both, BTW). So, Kentucky talks to Illinois!

I prefer to find out which states have a "No chase" law. Seems many states have laws that if someone is trying to outrun the cop, that they won't chase them. It's worked every time I've tried it. OK...none....but it's a nice thought. Funny thing though...radios travel pretty quick. I've gotten to the point where I travel a 'bit' slower than I used to. BUT...if someone passes me going a good clip, I'll drop back about a third of a mile and use him/her as my cruise control, sit back and enjoy the ride. I've donated my share of money for the FDAs I've received so it's nice not having to pay for awhile. Been just over three years now. My insurance company seems to get all my tickets except the one I got in Montana one time...paid the cop in the car and they didn't report to anyone at that time...1970s. Good luck all.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Originally posted by RT RANDY
    It's called a Valentine 1 folks. Put one of these bad boys on your bike and you won't be thinking about where to mail a check or how many points might show up on your record.
    Then again there are people like me, who just like to ride at the speed they feel safe, which is within reason - about 10 to 15 over the posted limit. Basically with the flow. has worked for many years..... costs me less than a V1.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Originally posted by RT RANDY
    Not necessarily.

Valentine 1. No traffic. Zapped with instant on from an oncoming police car.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

ghostryder

Talking

Great Pic.!!!!!!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Cop said "I am not going to smile." he meant it
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ghostryder

Angry

Dont you hate it when they dont have a sense of humor?????

dlearl476
    >Not necessarily.

>Valentine 1. No traffic. Zapped with instant on from an oncoming >police car.

Dave, V1 is radar detection, not radar jamming! You GOTS to pay attention. When travelling "ultra-legal" you HAVE to have your brake covered and brake HARD at the first beep, especially with "instant on". From what I understand, radar reads 10 times a second and has to have two identical readings to get a lock. If you're slowing down, it won't lock until you hit the speed limit. (I dont' know if this holds true for laser, I haven't run across it on highways yet. Both the NHP and UHP use "instant on" Ka band)

Then again, a LEO doesn't HAVE to have a radar lock to write you up.

I put 300 H.A.R.D. miles in the other day and need to write a trip report. I like the heads up, led warning INFINITELY more than the audio (through the xma3 and earmolds) beep. About 7 warnings total and nary a raised eyebrow from NHPs finest. (Although I DID just about get rear-ended by a "radar parasite")

H. A. R. D.

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    Cop said "I am not going to smile." he meant it
    Originally posted by Ghostryder
    Dont you hate it when they dont have a sense of humor?????
    Don't you think not smiling was a form of humor. Drier than sherry!

MarkF

P.S. I never smile without a cocktail in hand.
    MarkF

Originally posted by dlearl
    >Not necessarily.

>Valentine 1. No traffic. Zapped with instant on from an oncoming >police car.

Dave, V1 is radar detection, not radar jamming! You GOTS to pay attention. When travelling "ultra-legal" you HAVE to have your brake covered and brake HARD at the first beep, especially with "instant on". From what I understand, radar reads 10 times a second and has to have two identical readings to get a lock. If you're slowing down, it won't lock until you hit the speed limit. (I dont' know if this holds true for laser, I haven't run across it on highways yet. Both the NHP and UHP use "instant on" Ka band)

Then again, a LEO doesn't HAVE to have a radar lock to write you up.

I put 300 H.A.R.D. miles in the other day and need to write a trip report. I like the heads up, led warning INFINITELY more than the audio (through the xma3 and earmolds) beep. About 7 warnings total and nary a raised eyebrow from NHPs finest. (Although I DID just about get rear-ended by a "radar parasite")

H. A. R. D.
    I think our closing speeds were too high. I was nearly 95, he was getting up to speed at 70 or so. I came around a corner and he just blasted me at point blank range.

I stopped, turned around to look for him and he had the wheels locked and was smoking to a stop.

Radar detectors are good, especially a V1 (love mine) but if you're out there in the middle of nowhere, it's a crapshoot.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.