Thread: Airhawk Seat Cushion?

DaveBell

Airhawk Seat Cushion?

I have a 2004 R1150R Rockster. The seat is the same as on all R1150R's, I believe, since I got the "low" seat, along with different bars, to improve the riding position when I got the bike. I can tolerate around 200 miles on the seat with reasonable comfort, or around 300 miles with unreasonable pain. In the past, I've done a few 600 mile days on my Harley FLHP without getting too cripped up. I want to go farther.

I have a Rick Mayer seat ordered, which will be done in September if they keep up.

I want to order an Airhawk seat cushion. This is both to use until my Mayer comes in and also afterwards. I have a couple of questions for the list.

1. Is the Airhawk the best choice?
    2. Which model will fit my Mayer seat the best?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

--
    Dave Bell--Wills Point Texas--a bit east of the DFW Metroplex.

"My greatest fear is to wake up, an old man, in an aluminum lawn chair in my yard, regretting all the things I never did" (Me, 1997)

2004 R1150R Rockster

Dave, I have a Mayer ordered too (different bike), but I also have an Airhawk that is in good shape and hasn;t been used in at least a year. It just doesn't work well with my R100R's seat (bought it for an old K-Bike).
    I see that you live close by. You wanna borrow my Airhawk for a while and see how well it works for you?
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

DaveBell

What a deal!

Someone just sold me one, unused, for $50. I thought that was a good deal, but yours beats it. Too bad I already committed to the other one. Thanks anyway. Will let you know how it works out.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Hey Veg, can I borrow it and see it they are worth it?
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Gary99
    I have used an Airhawk on my LT for over a year, and as a comfort measure, consider them marginal at best. And yes I have tried all the various inflations, including the recommended almost flat. I mainly use it to gain a little height to straighten out the legs without going to the high seat setting. I'd try a cheapie from K-Mart or wherever first, to see if the air cushions work for you.

I got an Airhawk this week and this thing is great. It takes a little bit to get used to but down the road a couple of miles and all is well. My wife found out that I really didn't buy it for her and she was just a little miffed.

Xmas is just around the corner. I guess it won't be a toaster this year if she's good