Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

Twisteddevil92

Thumbs up Josh

Josh was wondering were in toledo do you live. I'm comming from Bellle Center by Lima. My family (were i was born and raised) in lakeside/Marblehead. I was wondering what route you take to get there. So far the route i have planed is to go to Ft. Wayne IN. and up any suggestions.

thanks scott

Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    Everyone is welcome, in my experience. I always see some Goldwings or other makes that are there. The more, the merrier!

Wish I could be there... but I'll be in Chicago for my niece's 1st communion...
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

GLIDEPILOT
    My wife will be on her HD also.

OOPS!! I mis-spoke about Hamiltons Blessing being this Saturday. My wife corrected me ...it is the following week.

Sorry about that.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddevil92 View Post
    Josh was wondering were in toledo do you live. I'm comming from Bellle Center by Lima. My family (were i was born and raised) in lakeside/Marblehead. I was wondering what route you take to get there. So far the route i have planed is to go to Ft. Wayne IN. and up any suggestions.

thanks scott
    It depends somewhat on how things go, tomorrow. I'm working on some things around the house that need to be finished by mid next week when a visitor arrives. If I run late, I may do the boring route and blast across on the slab. More likely, my route will be:

Route 65 along the Maumee River (South/East side) becoming 110 until Napoleon, then crossing the river at 108, following along route 424 on the opposite side into Defiance.

After that I think it's 18 to 15 into Ney - it's really a crap shoot from there. There are a few OK roads in the area as far as scenery and things, but you would probably be served just as well running up into Michigan and straight west. I did a run into Angola and then up but most of the curvy roads around the lakes, while scenic, are 25mph residentials. The most interesting part and best for riding is the run from Toledo/Waterville to Defiance.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar
    I'm riding pretty much the same way as I'm meeting my friend in Carey OH.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Twisteddevil92

Look for me

Ill Be on a R1200cl with my wife. and wearing blue jeans, and blue jean shirt with black vest and a black or bage hat. Look for me and Ill look for you all to.

scott

Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat View Post
    I'll be the one in jeans and a black t-shirt*

*I think that might be sixth time I've posted this joke on this forum!

ghostridery2k
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    Everyone is welcome, in my experience. I always see some Goldwings or other makes that are there. The more, the merrier!

That is great,i'm coming for saturday only with friend and i'm riding my Triumph.My K75 is in piecess waiting for new paint unless............................. .
    See all you there,Y2K.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkyone View Post
    Mike; Sorry you can't make it, of course family comes first. The 16th. sounds doable, would you want to make your start time a bit later? (It's a long haul from Pentwater, and I work the night before).Steve, how does 10 A.M.Friday sound to you for a meet time? Perhaps at the Pentwater Convenience Center at the U.S. 31-Monroe Rd. exit? I'm buying the coffee. Dutch
    Dutch, we will probably roll out around 9:30-9:45. Drop me a PM for more details...Sorry for the Hijack here folks.
    Attitude is everything!
    1978 R100/7
    08' V-Strom 650 great light weight tourer

jjd49660
    looks like I never confirmed with anyone which day I was leaving for the ralley... well, it was/is Saturday- around 8:30 AM, for what its worth, now. Too bad we didn't plan on some meeting location for the ones who were active in this discussion.

Rally Rat

Sturgis Mini Rally

This is me!

Nice time and I won a tire gauge to boot!

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp201/sudani155/
    Last edited by sudani; 05-04-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: added URL

Weather turn out pretty good

If only my part had come back from Oak I would of been down, but my Volvo just would not qualify as a MC by any stretch.

Hope everyone had a great time, how to catch the next one. Thinking about Tennessee but that is a week and being the only IT guy for my company, I have a hard time taking a week.

GLIDEPILOT
    Nice time and I won a tire gauge to boot!

Hey...I saw you win that! Next year keep it in your shirt pocket and I'll know who you are

I was setting a couple tables over with Scott (Twisteddevil92) and his wife. My wife and daughter were with me Friday night and just my daughter Saturday night.

We had a good time.

Have a safe summer!!

Steve

Hey! We had a great time!!!!

Met a lot of very nice folks and enjoyed the entire event.

Struggling to put faces to names here on the forum. We got to know twisteddevil92 and wife on our awesome lunch run!

Working on putting up some pics right now from the lunch run. I'll get some links when they're done.
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

jjd49660
    well, here is what I found. I arrived mid-afternoon on Saturday with my wife. I didn't know anyone. No one from the group came up and welcomed us, or made any move. My wife and I each paid the $20.00 entrance fee. I was told there were some bikes that could be taken on test rides.
    I later found out that there was a drawing at 7pm but you had to be present to win. We had to leave before that, due to our travel distance, we gave our tickets to someone who was standing near us.

I wanted to buy a left-over shirt, from last years rally. However I didn't have $10.00 cash on me. I inquired if I could just send them a check--- figuring that, hell I paid $40.00 bucks cash to "register", was not a known felon and pretty sure I had a honest face. I was told I would have to leave my name and address and they would mail it to me- after I sent them the check!
    I didn't bother.

We walked around and watched the few entrants in the biker contests. Over-all, my wife and I didn't especially get any warm fuzzy feeling being there.

I made a suggestion to the guy doing the registering that it would be nice if they supplied those sticky name tags- it would of been nice to be able to see who was who and where they came from. I got the feeling he didn't like some outsider butting in on their rally organization.

I doubt that I will ever make the effort to go again. I can think of better ways of spending $40.00 bucks!

Regardless, it was a great day for a ride- and we enjoyed that!

I can understand your feelings, jjd. It really helps if you know a few folks before you even get there. But if you sat down to watch the slow riding it would have been easy to strike up a conversation. I just stopped by for a few hours and spoke to a few people who were strangers up till then. It is a very laid back kind of rally. As you said, it was also a great day to ride!
    Dan