Thread: Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

Hybrid View

Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

Any one attend the Mini rally. What was your experience?

I've been to two of them - missed last year as it was a bit rainy and I had limited vacation time.

It's been a good time. I've met a lot of really nice people, it's a laid back bunch, you have the choice between camping under trees with a campfire or in a grassy field (trees around the edges) under the stars (no campfire). Low key but quite enjoyable and worth the minimal rally cost. Hotels are nearby if that's your thing, easy to get into town for provisions and restaurants.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

is it happening this year?

I haven't seen the listing for this yet. I went to the same two as Josh, and had a nice time.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat View Post
    I haven't seen the listing for this yet. I went to the same two as Josh, and had a nice time.
    I didn't realize it wasn't listed in the latest issue of the Owners News. It's still shown on the website under "happenings":

MI May 1 - 3, 2009
    36th Original Mini Rally
    BMW Motorcycle Club of Battle Creek #14
    You are invited to attend our wonderful rally at Green Valley Campground, Sturgis, Michigan. Fee is $20 at gate (no pre-reg) & includes coffee, donuts, tea, hot chocolate all weekend. Plus, mid-day subs & pizza sold on the grounds & can be ordered for dinner. Nice restaurants in the area & motels, if you‘re not camping. Door prizes & awards. Friday night we will have Hot dogs. Great Sunday morning pancake breakfast. Campgrounds have hot showers, inside/outside eating areas, firewood & miniature golf for only $1/game. Located 1.5 mi west of MI-66 aon Fawn River Rd., which is 1.25 mi S of US 12, and 2mi N of I-80/90. Info: Connie Scarbrough 269-731-4826, Connie Cadwell 815-226-7062 or <>

I'm going to fire off an email and see what they have to say.

I travel for a livin and happened to be in the area a couple of years ago and went to it. Found it in the anonymous book. Good time and good people. Just the type of mini rally I like. I would go back if I happen to be in the area.

I've been to 6 Mini-rallys in the last 9 years. It's a good time. Lots of great people and very laid back. Often, a few venders will show up.
    Overall, I try to make it each year because it's a good way to start off the riding season.
    FORZA ITALIA
    2007 K1200GT

-"Are your giblets warm?" J.D., Scrubs.