Thread: Pie!! Aye Yi Yi, Pie!!!! Fredericksburg, Tx

Pie!! Aye Yi Yi, Pie!!!! Fredericksburg, Tx

Holy Toledo. SWMBO and I took a little jaunt out into the dry hill country today, stopping in Fred'burg for lunch at a little place called Kelly's Cafe, about five blocks WEST of 16 on 290, beyond all the shopping hubbub. Lunch was REALLY GOOD, give it a try next time you're out there, in fact, make it a RTE, it's worth it.

But LORDY, don't order dessert (not that it wouldn't be great; in fact, I'm sure it would be great). Instead, go two doors west to the Fredericksburg Pie Company and get a slice and a cuppa. There's a lot of places in Texas to get lemon meringue, with almost all of them digging the lemon filling out of five gallon bucket. Not here. All made from scratch...the filling, the meringue, the crust. But that's just the piece we shared. They have TWENTY FIVE different pies, including their "signature" pie, the Bourbon Orange Pecan, which I will get next time.

Open Tues-Sat 10-6, you'd best call ahead if you have a group gathered up, let 'em know what's coming, it's a little bitty place. 830-990-6992.

I asked the proprietor if they get many motorcyclists, and he scrinched up his nose a little, thinking, and said "no, we hardly ever see motorcyclists in here. See a lot out on the street, but they don't stop here." Y'all fix that, now, hear?

I ride with some Pie eatin' fellows... Will check 'em out soon...must have ridden by a few times...we usually avoid the main drag and bypass 290..this might be worth the detour. Twenty minutes up the road!!!!

Thanks for the tip!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Sounds like a great find. Will give it a try when I make this year's spring pilgrimage amongst the April Blue Bonnets . Last spring I found the Rather Sweet bakery in Fredericksburg which turned out to be a good breakfast spot as well as a bakery. From memory it's south of 290 and about two blocks east of 16. Kind of hard to find since it's in a courtyard and pretty much only the sign marks the place. Of course, don't forgot the Hilltop Cafe for dinner just 11 miles north of town.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Luck favors those who are prepared.

RS Bakery

Rather Sweet, one of my fav spots in F-burg.

From the courtyard...
    Yeeha! Stephen
    1150 RT
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

Again...
    Yeeha! Stephen
    1150 RT
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

Last...
    Yeeha! Stephen
    1150 RT