Thread: Anyone in Wis. NOT ride today??

Anyone in Wis. NOT ride today??

2/10/09 - Near 60F and sunny - absolutely beautiful! I rode to the gym and back (30 mi. total). Lots of bikes on the road today, mostly Harleys. Pretty windy, but very worth it. It was also very wet in spots from all the snow melt, but a dirty bike is a happy bike. These small windows of opportunity are rare in the winter. I'm glad I took advantage.

Anyone else get out?
    Yellow GS : Micatech Pilots, Pelican 1560, CalSci, Cee Bailey winglets, Pivot Pegs, PIAA, Touratech bits, Rox Risers, Eastern Beaver, Tourance,

Yes!

Yes! I rode today about 50 miles. I live in Iowa. Must of been around 60 degrees. I did see some bikes out; had it been a Saturday or Sunday with this weather there would have been many more bikes on the road. It is my first "real" ride since last November. I rode around the block a week ago.

Low speed, high drag
    Bad news: rain/sleet in So Central MN today...

Good news: the streets are getting clean, the days are getting longer!

Tomorrow that system will be to us. The forecast is for 1.3 inches of rain. As you said, at least the roads are getting clean. I'll add that I like the snow melting as well. Nice to see my lawn again. Yeah - short lived I know. It is only February.
    Yellow GS : Micatech Pilots, Pelican 1560, CalSci, Cee Bailey winglets, Pivot Pegs, PIAA, Touratech bits, Rox Risers, Eastern Beaver, Tourance,

ME! Right here! I didn't! Some of us have children to take to school and, as well, do not have the time to plan a route that does not involve salty wet roads on which we prefer not to ride our bikes ...

Quote Originally Posted by 535is View Post
    ME! Right here! I didn't! Some of us have children to take to school and, as well, do not have the time to plan a route that does not involve salty wet roads on which we prefer not to ride our bikes ...
    Your priorities are clearly out of whack.

I did consider the wet roads, but figured what the heck, this bike was built to ride. It really wasn't too bad by me which is 1/2 hour south of you. Also, there was no more route planning than simply taking my usual route to the gym. I try not to obverthink these kinds of things. Takes away from the fun.

I would have if I could EVER get my FD back together....
    "I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free" Cretan writer Kazantzakis
    All I want on my tombstone: "He did the best he could"
    "Sometimes the dragon wins..." - Mr. Donald Wallace Nielsen

I was out for about an hour this afternoon. It was 43 degrees here in Dubuque, Iowa and sunny. Enjoyed my short ride.....
    2008 R1200RT
    Sand Beige Metallic
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge