Thread: 04 RT Tires

04 RT Tires

I just picked up an 04 RT. Can anyone suggest what tires to replace my my Battlax with. Or should I run a new set of the same type?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    I just picked up an 04 RT. Can anyone suggest what tires to replace my my Battlax with. Or should I run a new set of the same type?
    First welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here. This question was posed earlier today. Look in the oilhead section, at the thread titled "1100rt tire question." You will find what you are looking for there. Good luck
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

As suggested, The oilheads forum is where this will be most effective.
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT

tdomek
    I have had good success with Metzeler ME880 Marathons. Good compromise of grip and wear.

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdomek View Post
    I have had good success with Metzeler ME880 Marathons. Good compromise of grip and wear.
    Ditto here. That's what I am running on my 04 RT.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

1aretea
    Nomad, I got the same bike. 3 sets of Metzler Z06- really nice. Batlax 021's 14,000 on the rear, front 7,500 miles. They didn't feel real grippy. I'm on my second set Perrili Diablo Stradas. These are my favorite, not expensive and I get about 12,000 miles on the set.

Quote Originally Posted by 1aretea View Post
    Nomad, I got the same bike. 3 sets of Metzler Z06- really nice. Batlax 021's 14,000 on the rear, front 7,500 miles. They didn't feel real grippy. I'm on my second set Pirrelli Diablo Stradas. These are my favorite, not expensive and I get about 12,000 miles on the set.
    I strongly Agree!

I've tried Pilot Roads, Avon Storms, ME880's, Metzlers, and probably some I've forgot. Favorites are the Pirrelli Diablo Strada's Three sets and I'm going back for more. Great in the rain, no cupping on the front, great mileage, reasonable price

1aretea
    Quote Originally Posted by jfremder View Post
    I strongly Agree!

I've tried Pilot Roads, Avon Storms, ME880's, Metzlers, and probably some I've forgot. Favorites are the Pirrelli Diablo Strada's Three sets and I'm going back for more. Great in the rain, no cupping on the front, great mileage, reasonable price
    Cupping, forgot to mention that. The Stradas are the only tires that didn't cup. I also recomend Dyna Beads, from Best Rest Products. Little tiny ceramic beads rolling around inside the tires, automatically rebalancing as you ride.