Thread: rent your trailer?

Question rent your trailer?

I'm looking to rent a small or single rail trailer to take my bike south the last week of Feb/first week of March. Chicago-ish/ No. Ill. area.

I know u-haul has one, but I thought I'd ask here first.

i'd have to get a hitch installed on one of my cars or borrow my fr-in-law's Durango for the trip. Maybe 5 or 6 days. I'm a grown-up....sort of.

Might go to No Carolina/Dragon/Blue Ridge or Daytona, just wherver the weather's rideable, find a motel as a base camp, and park the rig and ride for two or three days. It's when my vacation falls this year and i want to take advantage.
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

The Bike Lawyer

Trailer

Did you ever rent a trailer? I have a trailer that I'd love to sell - it's a great little "Trailer in a Bag." I loved it so much that I wrote a glowing review in BMW ON a couple yrs ago. The van I used to pull the bike cross country is gone and the thing has sat in the bag in my barn since that first trip. If you are interested, take a look at http://trailerinabag.com/index.html. I'm going to list on the Flea Market soon, but if you're interested, let me know. The new price is around $1200, I'd let it go for $800 + shipping, which will be significant as this is a heavy thing.

Good luck!

Steve Magas
    bikelawyer@aol.com

mxchamp

Talking Trailer

I know it's late, but if you haven't found one yet, I have one you might be interested in.

As you can see it's a 3 place, pretty decent shape, comes with 2 ramps.

Just had the bearings repacked. Been to Moab Utah and back hauling a 1150 GS Adventure and F650GS Dakar.

No issues at all.

The wife did notice that one of the tail/brake lights was finicky. Sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldn't the last time I used it in December.

Pretty much sits around here. I guess I will sell it for $500 bucks.

Here's some photo's!

Thanks

J