Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saddle Bags need more space

The givi bags have a weight limit as well. The on thing i miss about my givi bags was the keyless side entry that allows you to get in them with out opening the whole case.

Just get a trailer.

That way you can haul the whole liquor cabinet with you. You could even make a compartment for iced coolers when the ride is done.

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Have you considered a trailer? Just think, a Uni-Go, well stocked with the contents iced down, all ready for when you stop.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

USERNAME
    i think i want to hear what all youre packing too.

ok, so only four 750ml bottles fit, but most places have liquor. and if i was going someplace that needed all that liquor i'd ship it. yeah yeah there is probably some law. whatever, take it to the pack-N-ship store. tell em its medicine, for your soul.

what else do you have in there? i recently did a multiday trip, and i realized that the only drawback to wearing the same clothes every day is that in the photos, it looks like a one day trip. any nasty odor i develop was easily quenched with smoke from the fire and the smell of alcohol oozing from my pores. clothes weren't going to held.

also, if youre a clotheshound, can you consider the clothes fluffy, and just pile them up behind you? that wont have a big effect on the CG of the bike?

maybe if you were more specific, and shared your packing list with all of us, it would help with suggestions.

Do you have a top case on your RT? JON

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I have now got the packing down to where it fits no problems. I just still have the problem of when I am commuting of getting the helmet to fit in a case.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

My full face helmet fits in my BMW top case. And now with the large lids it fits in there as well. I can carry my lap top laying it down in my case and have room for other items in there. In my givi the lap top case had to sit upright.