Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone from Arizona?

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Greg View Post
    Hello to all fellow AZers!

Have been in Cochise County since August of 2006. The weather here sure beats the winters of VT and IL which were my previous digs.

Regards to all . . .

Cochise College is where I got my A&P as well as my Associates degree. Funny to get that one after I already have a BS and a MA. Not a bad little campus but the area around it is pretty dusty and boring.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

barlundj

New Guy

Just picked up my first BMW, R1200GS. Any Advice for the new guy? Gets oretty hot in Phoenix. Any concers with the bike in the extream heat?

Quote Originally Posted by barlundj View Post
    Just picked up my first BMW, R1200GS. Any Advice for the new guy? Gets oretty hot in Phoenix. Any concers with the bike in the extream heat?

My R1200S ran nice and cool yesterday for 7 hours while I tooled around some ~400 miles in about 60-70 degrees and stayed quite cool. I expect from some 90 degree days it will run hotter, but just above half instead of just below.

For you, mesh gear works well but allows for rapid dehydration, so drink lots of water while using it. Wetting shirts, undergarments and hair first (in 100+) works well, too.

And in the heat, try to ride early or late, and if available, in shade or at night. I've been doing this kind of riding for years.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

mikeywest

Local Boy

I must be the spoiled one! Been a Desert Rat most my life. Tucson first and now in Phoenix.