Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from Arizona?

Anyone from Arizona?

You might find us roaming around over here.
    Last edited by AZ-J; 02-26-2009 at 03:16 AM.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Yep I'm from AZ., Tucson specifically and we stay here part of the year. Usually from sometime in October to February time frame or until the Dr's release us to hit the road again.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

Very nice, and I see you have an RV too (for such travels?) . Does your m/c fit on/in it?

I hope you have great travels.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    The rig in the avatar is ours and is our home. The bike sits on the truck between the trailer and cab of the semi. I use a Rampage Ramp system to load the bike up on the truck. It's a really nice one person loading system. Because the bike sits cross wise on the truck I have to do some extra strapping but nothing terrible to deal with. I had extra tie down loops built into the bed on the truck.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

Pleasure to get know you. I moved here in my last year of grad school to escape NY/CHI cold, snow, ice, wind, and wetness/dampness. After over 25 yrs, I can say I did well here, raising a family and having a good career. My oldest now has to choose between 2 law school acceptances with scholarships.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

AZ resident

Hello to all fellow AZers!

Have been in Cochise County since August of 2006. The weather here sure beats the winters of VT and IL which were my previous digs.

Regards to all . . .
    Gregory L. Johnson
    The rider formerly known as VT Greg

Sweet, and nice to see ya' here Greg.

We sure are lucky, I lived in Chicago for 2 years after NY and that cured me of the snow and the cold.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

We live in a rustic cabin in Maine though our residence is in NH.

In AZ from Maine

My wife and I volunteer in State Parks and are at Kartchner Caverns in Benson till the end of March. Have our 1200 RT with us and enjoy riding much of the time. We have done a few loop rides here and a lot around Sedona before Christmas.

Would like to have other ideas for rides in the Benson area. We carry our RT on a lift behind our motor home and also tow a Jeep. Life is good!!! Would be glad to have company riding.

Bill Zeller

Cochise County as well, actually Sierra Vista. Always looking for riding partners. A 1150GS with street tires and TKC 80's if the going gets tough.

I live out in Maricopa! Daily commuting into Phoenix, day rides, and some overnighters are awesome! With the weather getting so great I am out on the bike much more often.....Loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by wldct69 View Post
    I live out in Maricopa! Daily commuting into Phoenix, day rides, and some overnighters are awesome! With the weather getting so great I am out on the bike much more often.....Loving it!
    Me too, out on Tuesday and Wednesday commuting into Phoenix from N. Also some overnighters on the RIM, Prescott, Flag, Winslow, and S to Douglas, Bisbee, and Tombstone.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

power

Did 255 miles today, the fuel light came on at about 250, easy riding. AZ J you have done a nice job with your 1200. What did you do other than the exhaust to get 122 HP? How much does the Remus improve HP? I have a similar system on mine, 1150GS, and have often wondered how much if any improvement over stock. Ride on down to Sierra Vista this weekend. Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Lank View Post
    Did 255 miles today, the fuel light came on at about 250, easy riding. AZ J you have done a nice job with your 1200. What did you do other than the exhaust to get 122 HP? How much does the Remus improve HP? I have a similar system on mine, 1150GS, and have often wondered how much if any improvement over stock. Ride on down to Sierra Vista this weekend. Jeff
    1. stock HP of the R1200S is 122. With the Remus, mine might be a bit from that, but can't see dyno testing it. But the Remus sings sweetly.
    2. Love to meet up but early AM tomorrow, I leave to meet 10 others for an over-nighter in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), and we meet up with another there, for an even dozen. So I am out of pocket a few days.

Sorry, Jeff. Do you know another S-AZ with an R1200S? I do from the Pelican forum.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Chandler, reporting in SIR.

Quote Originally Posted by HYVLTGE View Post
    Chandler, reporting in SIR.
    PM sent, nice to see ya!
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog