Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mid-Winter Tour of Colorado Park County (Kenosha Pass to Hoosier Pass)

absolutely Mr. Dug!
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

SNOONE
    Hey Steve, Great pics. As usual make me jealous.... The first picture in georgetown to Guanella Pass especially... I know the woman that owns Duck Lake up on the pass and have fished there many times for cuthroats... I remember your ride report.. As always, your rides are tremendous.. If I lived there full time I'd like to join you...
    Last edited by snoone; 01-21-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Duck Lake -- Excellent! That is one high altitude, timberline bordering lake. Cool cabins spinkled around. Recorded a Guanella Pass ride and made a report here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10901

Sounds like you know the area well - it is a gem of a place.

Steve

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Duck Lake -- Excellent! That is one high altitude, timberline bordering lake. Cool cabins spinkled around. Recorded a Guanella Pass ride and made a report here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10901

Sounds like you know the area well - it is a gem of a place.

Steve
    I've stayed in those cabins and fished a # of times in return for some labor for the woman who owns it... Met her through a friend who was the mayor of Georgetown..
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Guanella pass sign in your picture reminded me that the Last Elephant Ride (LER) will be either the 7th or 8th of Feb. (the LER goes from Grant to Georgetown over Ganella Pass)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422235

Fantastic pictures! Thanks for the torture. Man, do I hate living in MI.....

I lived there....

I am an ex resident of Alma and Summit county as well. So, this country is familiar to me. The last time I was over Hoosier Pass I received a ticket and got tossed in jail at Fairplay. It is a long story.....No, it was not on a motorcyle and there was a thick covering of snow on the road. Very scenic country, but so is all the surrounding area. With the "right" bike there are many dirt road rides around the area; the trip over Mosquito Pass being one. Love the pics.