Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Track Day Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dbarc38 View Post
    Ffog
    Great Pics.

Nice bike, nice suit.
    Aren't those some great pictures? Nice.

About the Houston track:

I don't think the Nascar guys would ever be able to convince Burton Smith (who owns two or three Nascar tracks) that a Houston track wouldn't take away business from his Ft. Worth track. I don't think we'll ever get a Houston Nascar track although the rumor still comes up now and again.

I'm not sure how long the Houston track has been open, but everything looks like it's between 1 and 2 years old -- I can't believe I've ridden past that place a dozen times and never knew it was there. It's just off of 288 on the left (east) side of the hwy and you can see the facilities from the freeway.

It's got some great corners -- some tighter, some sweepers.

Lots of SCCA cars -- didn't see any bikes on Friday. Membership costs look pretty steep, but there's a place I saw on the web that sells single-day passes for bike track days at different skill levels. I'll try and find that site and post the link here later.

A guy I ride with said they're going to have a couple of bike schools offering road and track courses this Spring. I'll try and find out more about that too.
    Last edited by TexanRT; 01-18-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: edit
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide