Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Track Day Pictures

dbarc38

Track Day Pictures

My husband bought me a t-shirt that says "Yeah, You just got passed by a girl"

Republic of Texas
    OK . . . pretty good first post!
    Mike White
    MOA Life Time Member #57882
    '13 K1300S "30 Years", '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '97 Ducati 916, '95 Ducati 900SS CR. Gone, but not forgotten, '75 R90S

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerMike View Post
    OK . . . pretty good first post!
    Just thinkin' the same thing. Great pictures for a first post.
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I love seeing bikes being used to their potential, nice job.

And to add insult to injury, they not only got passed by a girl, but also a touring bike and a BMW no less. That is a triple slap into reality for most sportbike riders.

Great pics!

Nice style!

What track?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

dbarc38
    The track is at Cresson, south of Ft. Worth. It was sponsored by the BMW dealer in Plano. It was my first experience at a track and i would suggest it to anyone that wants to improve. I had a blast......

Welcome andf great pics dbarc38. Helen just saw this and said " I want to go!"

I had looked at this place when it opened...lot better than the oval at Texas World Speedway for sure. Need our local dealers to sponsor a day.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/index.cfm
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

That's an impressive line through that corner regardless of gender . . . maybe someday I can . . . .

Oh well . . . welcome!

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by dbarc38 View Post
    The track is at Cresson, south of Ft. Worth. It was sponsored by the BMW dealer in Plano. It was my first experience at a track and i would suggest it to anyone that wants to improve. I had a blast......
    First track day? Wow! Those pics and lean angle are quite impressive, especially considering the bike. (fairly hefty)

A few more millimeters and you would be grounding the center stand and/or engine guards. BTW ... what type of tires?

dbarc38
    Kevin,

I had a Pilot Power on the front, the Pilot Power was not available for the back. The back was more than likely a Pilot Road.

I have the plastic guards on the cylinders and i did scrape them up. Of course i will not be taking the RT to the track again as i now know the RT's limits.

We purchased a new K1200S this year, cant wait to get it on the track.

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by dbarc38 View Post
    I had a Pilot Power on the front, the Pilot Power was not available for the back. The back was more than likely a Pilot Road. I have the plastic guards on the cylinders and i did scrape them up. Of course i will not be taking the RT to the track again as i now know the RT's limits. We purchased a new K1200S this year, cant wait to get it on the track.
    You're Batgirl.

I decided to take a spin down south of Houston to the MSR-Houston Raceway to check out trackday schedules this afternoon. No bikes today -- I watched the SCCA crowd practicing with their open wheel racers for awhile. It's a large complex and they let me in for free to ride around the facilities -- not the track -- to check things out.

Here's the website for anybody thinking of taking a ride over there to check it out:

http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

Cool Pictures and yes RT's rule...
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I will throw a few of mine in the hat.

Calabogie

Shannonville

Beaver run

Gratten

Quote Originally Posted by TexanRT View Post
    You're Batgirl.

I decided to take a spin down south of Houston to the MSR-Houston Raceway to check out trackday schedules this afternoon. No bikes today -- I watched the SCCA crowd practicing with their open wheel racers for awhile. It's a large complex and they let me in for free to ride around the facilities -- not the track -- to check things out.

Here's the website for anybody thinking of taking a ride over there to check it out:

http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp
    WOW...no idea that was there...isn't that the area the NASCAR investors wanted to build a track? I must have driven by it a lot lately and never noticed.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

dbarc38
    Ffog
    Great Pics.

Nice bike, nice suit.

TexanRT,

Great looking track, is it open to the public?