Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bike Lift Options

Bike Lift Options

Looking into purchasing a lift sometime this year and would like to hear from the "All Knowling" as to what are my best options. My current ride is a 2007 R1200RT. What works for you ???

BUDDINGGEEZER
    Search 'Motorcycle lift' and you'll get all you want.

Ralph Sims

STAN
    Several years ago I picked up the Harbor Freight version for $199. Then I removed the wheel chock which is totally inadequate and replaced it with a $69 drive in self locking chock. It works really Great!!! Those self locking chocks are worth their weight in gold whether on a lift or trailer. You can even bolt one to a sheet of plywood and throw in in the back of your pickup. Nothing like being able to load and tie down a bike all by yourself and do it safely.

Tried posting picture but wrong format - anyway here is the link for the lift that i have

https://www.rangerproducts.com/produ.../rml-750hd.php

Very vesitle and robust - easily lifts the Gold Wing - no issues with the RT
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by reimerdavid View Post
    Looking into purchasing a lift sometime this year and would like to hear from the "All Knowling" as to what are my best options. My current ride is a 2007 R1200RT. What works for you ???
    There are a lot of variables to consider on this subject.

How often are you going to use it? Once a year or once a week. More useage spend a little more and get a well made lift.
    What are you going to use it for? Just bikes or riding lawn mowers etc. I.e. do you require side extension.

How heavy of a bike are you going to lift? Heavier the bike the sturdier the lift required.

Do you need a drop plate to remove the rear tire on your bikes. Shaft drive Beemers don't require this. I am not about the "F" series models though.

I personally went with a Handy Lift because I have been using it for more than lifting bikes.

Handy Industries introduced a new model recently that listed for around $600 (I think).

As Ralph Simms stated, "Do a search and read for hours.

Roy
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

DZIMBRIC
    I just ordered this one. They didn't pop right up on a web search, they look like the best buy for the money. Includes saddle jack, tire vise and extends up to 110" long.

http://www.completehydraulic.com/lifts-motorcycle.html

Smile

Check out Harbor Freight and Northern Tools, they both have affordable MC lifts.
    Ride Safe

And then do this with it...........

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/...ycle-lift-ins/
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

Harbor Freight lift:)

I bought the HF lift a couple years ago and its never failed me and I use it a lot! From KLTs to my current GSA, it has performed flawlessly. Why spend more? One of my best buys, ever Randy

STAN

sorry I dropped the ball

Not trying to steal the thread here but; someone e-mailed me about where I found the $69 chocks I mentioned earlier in this thread. I've been gone for over a month tending to my oldest son who broke his back in a sky diving accident. I lost the e-mail during this weird period of my life. I will ask my youngest son (the motorcyclist, not the skydiver) where he picked it up (if he remembers) and will post it here. My son , the sky diver is doing as well as can be expected. HE CAN WALK!! His mother, my wife, is with him in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post

NICELY DONE!!!
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Not available in stores.. PAGoldsby's Avatar
    Stan: Hope your son gets better soon. That's a helluva thing!

WRT lifts, I have THIS ONE from Harbor Freight. I went ahead and got the one with the drop plate. It works great. It's the current home of my '77 Airhead.

Although the front wheel vise works, it's not the greatest. I'm thinking of getting one of the more "automatic" versions.
    I can't believe how incredulous I am.

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post

I always thought that if I were to get a lift, that's how I'd like it to look in my garage, although I have a hunch that my wife might object to digging up the garage floor. When not in use, you still have use of that floor space and you're not tripping over the lift. Great job!
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

bobbobtar

bike lift options

Just purchased this one last month very heavy duty, the ramp pulls off, the side extensions slid off. http://www.bencostuff.com/mpages/cyclelifts.html lifts with a 5 gal.pancake compressor.
    Pro-Cycle XLT DT
    Last edited by bobbobtar; 03-19-2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: add name of lift

STAN

wheel chock

In regards to the self locking wheel chock I mentioned in two previous posts on this thread; go to Harborfreight.com and put chock in the search. The self locking chock pops right up and it only costs $29.99!!! A while back I bought one for $69 somewhere and a friend of mine bought this one from Harbor Freight last fall for $40. You sure can not go wrong at $29