Thread: Help renting a BMW

Brett

Help renting a BMW

Just two days ago my food service provider called me and ask if my wife and I would like to go on a free cruise because we are good customers. We will be going to Puerto Rico, Dominico, Grenada, Aruba, St Maarteen, etc. Any info on where to rent a bike on any of these islands would be great. We are leaving Jan 24th for 10 days. I know no one feels sorry for me but I must ride a BMW where ever I go or the trip will not be a success for me. Talk about good Karma. Thanks for any advise.

Brett Endress
    Altoona Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettendress View Post
    Just two days ago my food service provider called me and ask if my wife and I would like to go on a free cruise because we are good customers. We will be going to Puerto Rico, Dominico, Grenada, Aruba, St Maarteen, etc. Any info on where to rent a bike on any of these islands would be great. We are leaving Jan 24th for 10 days. I know no one feels sorry for me but I must ride a BMW where ever I go or the trip will not be a success for me. Talk about good Karma. Thanks for any advise.

Brett Endress
    Altoona Pa.
    I know absolutely nothing on this topic - but I suspect you will soon be riding a scooter at several exotic locations. Just take a BMW ball cap to make it worthwhile to you.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

MT State of mind
    Most of those places have rentals but they aren't road bikes per se, they're mostly scooter type bikes, to get around the island and the villages. You don't really need or see many of the large displacement bikes we have on this continent. Good luck finding BMWs.

I've been to all of them

The former British ones are left hand drive roads. St. Maarten is big enough to ride on and has a HD dealer that has other lines. Puerto Rico has a lot tof traffic. I'm sure your boat goes into San Juan, very busy city. Outside the city much better. Aruba is a desert island, I know there is a HD dealer there not far from where the ships dock. Not so much traffic there. I would suggest an internet search.
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Brett
    Thanks guys, I'll sport the BMW cap and get a scooter if I must, The FODORS book had a few suggestions but I guess it will probably be a scooter, definately not a Harley.

Brett Endress
    Altoona Pa