Thread: Lectronics......Not.....

tronic5

Lectronics......Not.....

I'm considering to buy the "Scala rider Q2 twin pack" Before spending $400, Does anyone own this communication device? Is wind noise an issue? what about
    sound quality? Is wireless the way to go? what about GPS compatability?
    Your opinions pls.

unleashd
    I have the Q2. But just for the rider. I can assure you that the quality of music and phone calls is superb. I don;t have a GPS with bluetooth. So, I cannot comment on that. But I have heard that it works very well with the Zumo 550.

FYI, music is not stereo since it is not A2DP compatible.

Gratefully the new Zumo 660 is A2DP bluetooth.
    JD Watson
    2004 R1150RT
    "Too much of a good thing is not enough..."

They work great with the Zumo 550 for the voice prompts. I have also used them bike to bike and they work good. You get about 8 hours out of a charge.
    USN Retired
    '02 R1150 RT

Rally Rat
    Recently tried making a cell phone call with mine to a fellow rider who was at home at the time. I stopped to dial the call (want to be safe and all) then started rolling and increased to 55 mph. He had no idea I was on the bike using Bluetooth, much less moving that fast. Over 55 I had issues hearing him due to helmet/wind noise (HJC Symax II), but he said it never sounded bad on his end. I am looking forward to using the second headset for my pillion rider to see how that goes, but she is a warm weather passenger, so it will be a couple months before I can see how we like it.