Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chicago International Cycle Show-Rosemont

Meet you there..

Hey Ultra, Manic, Sounds like a bunch of folks are going. Count me in. I think the Mrs2beers will be there as well! Look forward to meeting you.

How much are tickets this year?

2001 K1200LT "Zoot" RIP 10/14/2007
    2009 K1200LT "Angus"

Cartoon Bears never wear pants!!

I just purchased five tickets, 3 adult and 2 kids, paid $39. Got the BMWMOA discount of $3 on each adult ticket and they were offering a $1 discount on adult tickets online yesterday.

Lightbulb a lunch idea

For lunch, one could walk a couple blocks north from the conv. ctr. to the CTA Blue Line, River Road Stop, then go one stop toward the Loop ( about a 2 Minute ride),to the Cumberland Stop, then walk a couple blocks from Cumberland to a Bennigans at 8420 Bryn Mawr, or to a nice little (dozen or so tables, tops) Thai place called The Golden Elephant at 712 Higgins Rd.

Each walk, to and from the train, should only be 5 minutes or so, plus a potential wait for the train of maybe as much as ten minutes, and, as i mentioned, the 2 minute ride itself. I belive the fare is $2, but the return ride might be either less than $2 or even free.

I believe the parking garage does NOT offer in and out priviledges
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

BMW is scheduled to be at the Chicago show CycleWorld International Motorcycle Shows - Manufacturers

There is a bus load--really--of us going up from St. Louis on Sunday. Gateway BMW chartered a bus and I expect that all 56 seats will be full. Cost is only $50 a person and that includes admission to the show. $38 round trip to Chicago and not having to drive--can't beat that.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Looking forward to tagging up with Bear-n-Cass, and Sue and Susan, and Howard and the rest of ya!
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Question Lunch at 12:30PM?????

I just want to give the folks who are driving long distances a little breathing room with some extra time in case the weather gets nasty.

If at all possible, could we stick with restaurants that have "conventional" menus (American, Italian, ). I have nut allergies and I need to be careful in Asian and other specialty places.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

work- work- work

Well it will be just Barry going since that is my weekend to work and no one will traded Saturdays for me. He'll be coming down with our crew of #116 Port Club members(since he was elected --err ambushed to be the new Club Pres.)
    "Wether you're a good witch or a bad witch, it's all about the shoes"

RIP "Zoot" Oct. 14th, 2007
    "Angus" 2009

Guys guys! You all are obviously from out of town (how'd I guess)?
    Have you any idea where this event is held? It's freakin' Rosemont.
    It will take you a half hour just to leave the complex and get to your vehicle(s) and then you have to drive somewhere (we are not downtown Chi, this is not like the Javett's Center where all of the city is at your disposal).
    So likely the best you can do around that area is not what I would consider premium dining.

So . . . that being understood what did you all have in mind for lunch? Quick and dirty sandwiches? Or are we on a quest for something a little more ethereal?
    Give me your ideas and let me poke about to see what's available nearby . . . to be honest it's not the best area to be looking for decent eats.

Oh and Manic . . . in response to your tag . . . LMNOP. How's that for letters.
    ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW . . . Sheesh!

Rally Rat
    Wez is correct in that we'll be lucky to say hello and grab something at one of the inhouse vendor food stands.

Trying to go outside the convention center is nuts especially if it's realllllly cold outside.

eieio
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,

26667 and other locals

is there anything at all within walking distance of the convention center?

This appears to be turning into a bit of a challenge.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Personally, I'll just be glad to get to the show and meet up with everybody. It's not necessary to go out to find someplace to eat.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,

Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    Personally, I'll just be glad to get to the show and meet up with everybody. It's not necessary to go out to find someplace to eat.
    I agree. I'm a new to BMWMOA and so have not yet met anyone. And as my whole family will be with me, I think I too would be happy if some of us could just meet up at the BMW display.

no

Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    is there anything at all within walking distance of the convention center?

This appears to be turning into a bit of a challenge.
    You've about got it right. Even in perfect summer weather it's a good distance to any sort of restaurant. The CTA is only a couple blocks, as I posted earlier. You could go to the Loop in 40 minutes. Or out to the airport in 5 minutes. I'll take a drive that way Monday though, and try and clock some distances and ideas. I'll report as soon as learn a bit more. I don't go down there on River Road very often so there may be some ideas I'm forgetting. There are movie theatres adjacent to the parking lot and some kind of restaurant there, but I think it's part of the theatre and comes w the price of tix.
    I'll get back to the forum w some info when I can.
    Last edited by 26667; 01-17-2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: sbelling and caPitaliZation
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?