Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chicago International Cycle Show-Rosemont

so near and yet...

here's what I found on a quick drive-by: Just less than a mile N on River Rd. are McD's and Giordano's Pizza (famous for ...what else? Chicago-style pizza)
    There are several hotels right across the street (River Rd) from the Conv Ctr. with places like Morton's, and McCormick & Schmick and a couple others; pricey steak/seafood houses. They're about two tenths of a mi south.
    About seven tenths of a miles S. is a Denny's, but there isn't always a sidewalk...at least not one that's cleared today.
    I suppose you could cab for a couple bucks, tho' I DK how available cabs are. As someone wrote above, it ain't exactly The Javitts Center.
    The CTA looks to me like a pretty reasonable walk from the show, even in the winter, though extremely foul weather could change that. Depending I suppose on one's definition of "extreme." From the River Road stop it's about two miles (a two minute ride) to the Cumberland stop. There's a Bennigan's that's a short walk from there. It's in the office park South of and adjacent to the station. A slightly longer walk N on Cumberland, just over the expressway gets you a Hooters, and a thai restaurant. And walking another couple blocks east on Higgins Rd gets you an Outback Steakhouse. You might cab from the show to any one these, but getting a cab back could be a little tricky. You'd want to be sure and get a phone number for dispatch.
    Or you could all come to my house for PBJ's and Campbell's Soup
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

Rally Rat
    Looks like we'll have to wait and see what the weather is like for that Saturday. Maybe then we can make a plan.

Kirbster919
    I wish I could go to the show, since I live extremely close, but I'm away at college so I don't see that happening.

I'd recommend Giordano's. If you're in a hurry, call ahead, because the deep dish takes about 40 minutes to make, but it is fantastic. It is about a mile north of the convention center, just off River Road.

While my mind is on pizza, there is also a Gino's East Pizza right next to the Cumberland L stop. I'd recommend that over a Bennigan's, but I like pizza

If you guys want to meet for breakfast, there's a decent greasy spoon called "Mac's". It's probably about a mile away from the convention center, on Higgins, just east of Cumberland. Lots of state troopers eat there, so it has to be good.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbster919 View Post
    While my mind is on pizza, there is also a Gino's East Pizza right next to the Cumberland L stop.

If you guys want to meet for breakfast, there's a decent greasy spoon called "Mac's". It's probably about a mile away from the convention center, on Higgins, just east of Cumberland. Lots of state troopers eat there, so it has to be good.
    For Gino's, from the Cumberland L stop: You walk up and over the expressway, across Higgins Rd, at the corner by Dominick's Grocery, turn left and go 100 yards or so
    For Mac's, same deal, kinda. Up and over the expy from the L stop, and across Higgins Rd, but then turn right. Short walk. About a block. And I'd rate Mac's "decent" too. Meaning good breakfast joint.
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

Riding up on a charter bus from the honda kawi dealer in peoria on the 8th.Easier than driving/parking etc. Ed

Thumbs up weather report

Low to mid-40's all three days!

Gene and Jude's hot dogs on River Rd. mmmmmm

Talking I lied!

I lied! No not about my taxes. I could still become secretary Health and Human Services, or head of the Fed. Gino's East is on the SOUTH side of Higgins. the closest route would be to get off the EL, walk up and over through the enclosed crossover, thru the hotel parking lot and into the restaurant.
    Last edited by 26667; 02-05-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: emPHAsis

Unfortunately I'm going to miss it this year .

Could someone help out and drool on some hardware for me.

Oh, well

I just learned this AM that my son is coming in from grad school for a visit this weekend so I guess I will see all of you on the road (in my mirrors!).

have a great show!
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Darn Kids!

Bring the kids with you!! You know everytime we are supposed to get together something comes up. Well maybe next time!!
    2001 K1200LT "Zoot" RIP 10/14/2007
    2009 K1200LT "Angus"

Cartoon Bears never wear pants!!

11:00AM at the BMW Mottorrad booth

The 'Chicago Riders' will be there.