Thread: Cabin Fever

BobMielke

Cabin Fever

Arghhh! I couldn't stand it any more. A brand new Triumph Rocket III Touring in my garage with less than 20 miles on it. It's unholy!

I had to take a quick drive from work to pick up an antibiotic prescription yesterday during my lunch break. I noticed it wasn't below freezing & it wasn't raining. Hmmmm! I swapped vehicles at my apartment & rode the bike back to work. It's only 4 miles but those were just the miles I needed to rid myself of the motorcycle shakes. It's a physical pain not to be able to ride. I still haven't got 50 miles on the bike but I'm riding.

Good for you. It isn't the miles but grabbing the opportunity.

You've been having some awful weather in Beaverton, Bob, but you should get some more riding opportunities soon. I commuted year-round when I lived in the Seattle area. Here it is minus 3 this morning. The cold makes the ice on the road sticker, but I think the bikes will have to stay in the garage for a while yet.
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Patience, Pops, patience.

Know how you feel, Bob. Haven't got my first ride in for 2009 yet. I was hoping that this morning's rain would wash away the salt. I didn't figure on freezing rain. It might be a bit longer for that first ride. Hope your weather clears up - can't wait to hear a real ride report on your new scoot.
    Dan

BobMielke
    Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Know how you feel, Bob. Haven't got my first ride in for 2009 yet. I was hoping that this morning's rain would wash away the salt. I didn't figure on freezing rain. It might be a bit longer for that first ride. Hope your weather clears up - can't wait to hear a real ride report on your new scoot.
    Again, I can relate. I wanted to ride Friday but when I left my apartment early in the morning there was a sheet of ice on my car windshield. New Years day it snowed a super warm slushy coat all over everything. It's overcast this morning but I'll try & get another short tide in to get a haircut, pick up a few groceries & any other excuse I can dream up.

Rally Rat
    Rode New Year's day to watch some nuts do a Polar Bear swim. It was 22 degrees here in Central PA, but the roads were dry. Got out yesterday for a bit as well, a balmy 33! Looking forward to temps above 40! Have you considered studded tires?

cabin fever

Don't feel bad, Bob; even our cats are in a funk.

But our warm up started today.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

BUBBAZANETTI
    i might go "borrow" a little 250 from the school i teach at next weekend, gotta "keep up my skills" so it's sort of like job related.

my bikes buried in snow up in MA right now.

Took the wife's GS out for a little spin in the dirt up Loma Prieta Rd today with friends. Puddles were iced over. No one shot at us. Good times.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

BUDDINGGEEZER
    You guys need to be down here where every body says "Yall"

Ralph Sims