Thread: International MC Show-Novi

tsword1

International MC Show-Novi

Just went to the International Motorcycle show in Novi Michagan. Unless it was very small, I did not see one BMW display. The floor plan on the web sight said there was a BMW space...not there. BMWMOA had a booth. Anyone know whats up?

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Will not be at the Minnesota M/C show either.
    '02 R1150RT

moose738
    The show website was incorrect when it listed a booth for BMW. Your best opportunity for seeing the BMW display in this area will be in Cleveland at the IX Center (near the airport). It is scheduled for late January...check the website for specific date....

No BMW at Phoenix, AZ show in November either. Show was bad.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Herding Cats
    There's a recession on in Michigan - no one can afford BMWs anymore. The Novi show DID have a fairly large Kymco exhibit though....

Quote Originally Posted by moose738 View Post
    The show website was incorrect when it listed a booth for BMW. Your best opportunity for seeing the BMW display in this area will be in Cleveland at the IX Center (near the airport). It is scheduled for late January...check the website for specific date....
    I didn't think they would be in Cleveland either. Thought the only 2 remaining they were attending were Chicago and New York. I had heard only 4 shows, and 2 were in the west.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

I think BMW is trying to cut costs, just like everyone else. I presume they'll be at the "big" city shows (NY and Chicago for example) to try and get more bang for the buck.
    FORZA ITALIA
    2007 K1200GT

-"Are your giblets warm?" J.D., Scrubs.

Too bad BMW is not attending the MC show. Last year at the Novi show, most of the BMW reps on the floor were from the local BMW dealerships. Being a no-show hurts the national brand AND the local dealers.

I spoke with some exhibitors whilst walking around and the general comment was that it was expected that crowds would be light and they were exactly right. BMW normally present themselves as a top-shelf company and I think that it would have been out of place at this show given the local economy and threats of even more layoffs in the market area don't help. A poor looking display for a bike that costs as much as a beemer would not help either I don't think. They were better off not showing.

The Ducati stand was by far the most imressive as far as decor goes personally speaking, and the others were kind of sparse but there at least. When Harley go grass roots on their displays you know the economy is troubled in a given area.