Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the policy regarding guns on the rally site?

What is the policy regarding guns on the rally site?

Some of our members ride and carry.

Is there a policy in place regarding guns on the rally grounds?

I see no mention in prior years rally FAQ's.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

jeremell
    Don't ask, don't tell?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremell View Post
    Don't ask, don't tell?
    Sorry, I already asked.

I'm sure someone from the Rally committee will let us know what it is.

93 K1100RS & 81 R100RS

Rally site & guns

Nobody ever told you to NOT open Pandora's box?

Holy moly!!!

Given the atmosphere of society and this topic, WHY would you ever come to a public event while armed?

and..............................

Given the atmosphere of society and this topic, WHY would you ever come to a public event while UN armed?

Ok then, let's see.......... we got fuel, we got oxygen, just need an ignition source.
    My job here is done. May we all survive the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpberens43639 View Post
    Nobody ever told you to NOT open Pandora's box?

Holy moly!!!

Given the atmosphere of society and this topic, WHY would you ever come to a public event while armed?

and..............................

Given the atmosphere of society and this topic, WHY would you ever come to a public event while UN armed?

Ok then, let's see.......... we got fuel, we got oxygen, just need an ignition source.
    My job here is done. May we all survive the fireworks.
    You are suggesting that it was somehow wrong to ask the question?

From prior year rally FAQ's

Will there be organized activities for my kids?
    KIDS LOVE THESE RALLIES.

There will be a children's center for kids 5-12 with movies, arts & crafts, and other fun activities.

In addition, the teen center (for those 13 and older) will be a gathering place with games, music, and activities geared to this age group.

Check the Rally program for times and location of these activities throughout the rally.

I don't consider it kid friendly to have firearms at a rally site. Do you?

grumpyone
    when in doubt its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 ??

Kaydet
    Better to have guns at the Rally than kids.

Basically, it will amount to nobody carrying on the ride to theNat'l, if no guns are allowed on the rally site. What else would they do with them once they got there?
    My guess is there have been many at Nat'ls ever since they started.
    BTW, I don't, never have, everybody I ride with doesn't (as far as I know) and you would be welcome at my site SIBUD.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

93 K1100RS & 81 R100RS

Talking guns & rally's

Discretion being the better part of valor, if you carry, keep it under wraps & only you should know it's there, EVER.

Given the circumstances in which I've ever had to actually display a firearm, yes, they are very kid friendly as I was protecting those same kids against possible harm. My kids, my family. Only happened ONE time, but I was glad I was ready.

Having kids instructed in correct fire arms application is important, but I agree a rally is NOT the location for that. Nor is such education for the masses. Some want, some don't want, but it's just not the correct venue.

I am however comfortable with concealed carry of such hardware although I do not regularly ride with such. My choice though, not everyones and I would not personally do so at such an event.

Never wrong to ask a question, but what were you REALLY looking for?

I am quite certain that the MOA could NEVER condone concealed carry, and they MUST never do so either.

If you must carry while getting there, that's your call, but make arrangements to store it off site before arriving. Even in the patron state of shootin stuff, you'll be just fine.

Cool

Legal possession of a firearm cannot be superceded by any policy or 'rule' of the MOA.

Unless a TN law or local ordinance prohibits weapons on the rally site property, the question is moot.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

93 K1100RS & 81 R100RS

legal carry

Yes of course, just don't expect the MOA to support it, least way's not actively.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Legal possession of a firearm cannot be superceded by any policy or 'rule' of the MOA.

Unless a TN law or local ordinance prohibits weapons on the rally site property, the question is moot.
    I respectfully disagree. This is a private event and the organization can choose to not allow weapons on the grounds. Just like they are not allowed in other places in states with carry permits.

It is not an unrestricted right.

SNOONE
    I have been known to carry a broken down AR7 in my trunk or side case.. No one knows, therefore no one cares.. So I agree with Jeremell Don't ask, don't tell

Quote Originally Posted by jpberens43639 View Post
    Discretion being the better part of valor, if you carry, keep it under wraps & only you should know it's there, EVER.

Given the circumstances in which I've ever had to actually display a firearm, yes, they are very kid friendly as I was protecting those same kids against possible harm. My kids, my family. Only happened ONE time, but I was glad I was ready.

Having kids instructed in correct fire arms application is important, but I agree a rally is NOT the location for that. Nor is such education for the masses. Some want, some don't want, but it's just not the correct venue.

I am however comfortable with concealed carry of such hardware although I do not regularly ride with such. My choice though, not everyones and I would not personally do so at such an event.

Never wrong to ask a question, but what were you REALLY looking for?

I am quite certain that the MOA could NEVER condone concealed carry, and they MUST never do so either.

If you must carry while getting there, that's your call, but make arrangements to store it off site before arriving. Even in the patron state of shootin stuff, you'll be just fine.
    I was looking for a policy statement from MOA regarding weapons on the rally site, nothing more, nothing less.

advrider.com
    I think it would be pretty dumb to do so.

I think it would be even more dumb to advertise: "Hey, Tennessee criminals! No one here has a gun. Come on in and steal some pricey BMW stuff!"

Don't ask, don't tell works for me.