Thread: Anyone in New England ride today?

Hybrid View

Anyone in New England ride today?

I was in Portsmouth NH over the weekend and followed my BIL on his Phoenix to his winter storage site a few miles from his place. It was nearly 60. The garage he is storing it in has 2 F800's owned by the garage owner who was comtemplating a ride. Anyone else take advantage of the weather?
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Riding in CT

We couldn't resist the warm weather today either although we rode with caution given the wet pavement and abundant debris. Ambient air temp was averaging 58 but fell down to 41.9 in a few spots, felt like we road into a refrigerator. Hoping for some more moderate weather this winter.

Yup.......About 100 miles in SE Mass...A bit wet, but at least I was riding!
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

DPRYAN
    Yep, Sunday and Monday..... I have a short commute to work so I try to keep it going all winter as long as the roads are dry (as in 'no ice'). Here's hoping to a mild winter; we deserve it!

"Today" being Sunday 12/28, the answer is yes. The official high was 60F, and it was about 52F at my house when I ventured out. I just ran a few errands and went by the gas station to top off the tank in anticipation of a long winter's nap from here. Probably did about 25-30 miles. I wasn't really into it, frankly. 52F is plenty warm for December, yeah, but the sky was steel gray and the humidity was so high that the whole world wore a sheen of condensation all day long. Combine that with the sand on the roads, and the salt spray from that wet sheen, it just wasn't the kind of day that beckons me.
    Steve O. - MOA #122171
    '05 R12GS, '76 CB200 (wife's)
    '91 K100RS, '87 Honda CBR1000 Hurricane, '84 Yamaha FJ1100, '85 Honda VF500F, '76 Yamaha RD400, '82 Honda XL500... and more

Unhappy

Man, you flatlanders get all the breaks! It wasn't so cold up here (40's), but the salt! Yikes! It would be instant frozen caliphers.

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

Maniacal Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by xp8103 View Post
    I was in Portsmouth NH over the weekend and followed my BIL on his Phoenix to his winter storage site a few miles from his place. It was nearly 60. The garage he is storing it in has 2 F800's owned by the garage owner who was comtemplating a ride. Anyone else take advantage of the weather?
    I got on the road for 2 hours this afternoon on the 'Strom. Temps were around 30F, so no big deal. Second time out with the new Gerbings G3 gloves, and fingers remained reasonably comfy. I'll put on the HippoHands for the next ride and turn the heat down.