Thread: Lost Texan in MN

Hybrid View

Lost Texan in MN

MINNESOTA: Well, I went and did it. I bought a motorcyle. Wanted a BMW since I was stationed in Germany in '79. All you pros may think me crazy but I went in all the way and got a 2008 K1200GT. I have an old friend that has 130,000 milies on his BMW. He coached me and I'll take the course and start off slow. Will need your help too as I start this journey.
    LostTexan #146556
    2008 K1200GT

Well.... congratulations on your new Beemer...May you ride many thousands of safe miles...and welcome to the club....

Thanks! Bought it over Thanksgiving. My brother and brother-in-law have motorcyles. My grandfather had one and so did my Dad. Those old birds were justing having too much fun. Now all I have to do is wait for April to get here, the snow to melt and take the riding course. I took my 21 year old son to see it yesterday at the dealership. Sort of a Christmas present to myself. Told him that buying a new mortorcycle in the winter and then putting it into storage is sort of like going to a house of ill repute and only getting to sit in the parlor and listen to the piano player. I'm trying to talk him into taking the course with me and learning as well.
    LostTexan #146556
    2008 K1200GT

So you're currently living in Plymouth? Ever been to one of the BMWMOCM meetings?
    It's a great group--even if I am a bit biased!
    Congrats on your new ride.
    -K
    Kevin Kocur, #58836
    2001 F650GS, 1995 R1100GS, 1988 K100RS
    BMW Motorcycle Owners Club of Minnesota 2014 President and Rally Tear Down Chair

Yep I'm in Plymouth. I went to your MN Chapter site and can understand why you'd be biased. Congrats!
    I haven't been to the MN chapter meeting yet. I have the paperwork to join on my desk now and it'll be in the mail tomorrow.
    LostTexan #146556
    2008 K1200GT

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Lost Texan,
    Welcome to the forum and this great state.
    '02 R1150RT