Thread: Good Northern Ohio ride today

Unavailable for comment

Good Northern Ohio ride today

Around Catawba Island--over to Sandusky Bay--Bayshore Road to Marblehead --163 to 53--back along West Harbor on Catawba. It was in the sixties with a little sunshine. The only bike I had here at Lake Erie was the old Bser. It's always a fun ride.

I saw a half dozen other bikes--all Harleys but one sport bike.

Unavailable for comment
    Another 30 miles today on th GS. It sure cuts thru the wind nice. Always fun on the GS.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Around Catawba Island--over to Sandusky Bay--Bayshore Road to Marblehead --163 to 53--back along West Harbor on Catawba. It was in the sixties with a little sunshine. The only bike I had here at Lake Erie was the old Bser. It's always a fun ride.

I saw a half dozen other bikes--all Harleys but one sport bike.
    I always enjoy running around Marblehead. I'll eventually get that added as a ride in the regional area for NW Ohio.

A little over a year ago I was tearing through there on my R80 with passenger and hit that nice banked 90 degree left followed by a 90 degree right (if you're traveling in the clockwise direction I was) and managed to scrape my side stand. I only do that when traffic is light to non-existent. That sure is a great ride around there.

Unfortunately, Toledo is not salting back streets, so I was unable to ride yesterday - there was still a ton of ice blocking my path. It was all gone, today - now that it's colder and windy.
    Josh Metzger - Toledo, OH
    BMWMOA#123695, ABC#8463
    1978 R80/7, 1993 R100GSPD

Unavailable for comment
    Those two curves are fun. A lot of times there's gravel on them, so I head in slow. It's a beautiful ride in the summer with good eats at Avery's in the village of Marblehead. (They close at 3:00 pm) Somebody new to the area could spend a whole day poking around on that ride.